Topic: ADI-2 DAC blocked at 48 kHz?

elbabouns wrote:
N00b wrote:
elbabouns wrote:

Hello. Why not offer an automatic variable sampling frequency on optical and coaxial inputs? Being stuck at 48 khz is frustrating, while USB input works perfectly.
For example, some devices (like the chromecast goggle) can work in 24 bits / 96 khz in optical .
Thank you
ADI2-DAC

In SPDIF (optical or coaxial), the RME ADI is not “stuck at 48 kHz”: it will work at the SR you send to it, and it works until 192 kHz. wink

Many thanks .

HI!
Can not play Hires 24/96 or 24/192 files via optical or coaxial inputs from:
An oppo 203 set in lpcm 24/192,
an oppo 103 set in lpcm 24/192
a chrome cast that can read 24/96.
ADI2-DAC is blocked at 48 khz.
sad

Re: ADI-2 DAC blocked at 48 kHz?

elbabouns wrote:
elbabouns wrote:
N00b wrote:

In SPDIF (optical or coaxial), the RME ADI is not “stuck at 48 kHz”: it will work at the SR you send to it, and it works until 192 kHz. wink

Many thanks .

HI!
Can not play Hires 24/96 or 24/192 files via optical or coaxial inputs from:
An oppo 203 set in lpcm 24/192,
an oppo 103 set in lpcm 24/192
a chrome cast that can read 24/96.
ADI2-DAC is blocked at 48 khz.
sad

You should start a new support thread to find out what's up. Also, if you have a computer, try that. It's easy to change the sample rate and see the RME change as well.

I guess it is in src mode. Sample rate conversion. No idea how to chance that but sure it is in the manual.

Vincent, Amsterdam
https://soundcloud.com/thesecretworld
Babyface pro fs, HDSP9652+ADI-8AE, HDSP9632

I guess he never looked at the Status Overview screen.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

vinark wrote:

I guess it is in src mode. Sample rate conversion. No idea how to chance that but sure it is in the manual.

I read the manual carefully and did not find how to modify this SRC

Thanks anyway for your answers, I'll check on another device if it comes from audio player ( OPPO ).

Only the Pro models have a SRC chip.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Hello . Connected directly to my amp (TX RZ 900) which displays the data, it is also blocked in 48 khz, despite spdif otions that allow me to adjust outputs until 24/192 for spdif.
Commercial lie whith OPPO. The adi2-dac does its job.
Another anti-piracy protection in my opinion.
Thank you for your attention .

I think more that it depends on the content and who is able to be also a clock slave or not ...

What seems to be really copyright protected SACD. Not possible through SPDIF (Oppo UDP-203).

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Hello. Why not offer an automatic variable sampling frequency on optical and coaxial inputs? Being stuck at 48 khz is frustrating, while USB input works perfectly.
For example, some devices (like the chromecast goggle) can work in 24 bits / 96 khz in optical .
Thank you
ADI2-DAC

elbabouns wrote:

Thank you
ADI2-DAC

ADI-2 DAC (with stock PSU) - Neumann KH 310 A monitors - Cheap USB and XLR cables

N00b wrote:
elbabouns wrote:

Thank you
ADI2-DAC

Many thanks .