Topic: TotalMix FX 1.62 and Remotes 1.12 available

TotalMix FX 1.62 has been released (08/21/2019). It will not be rolled out with updated driver packages anymore as version 1.63 is already available.

Changes to 1.61:

- UFX II / UFX+: fixes mute issue of Speaker B when assigned to An 1/2

- UFX II / UFX+: fixes pan issue when swapping channels of a software playback via mono channel pans and Snapshots

- UFX II / UFX+: Hides Hi/Low button of Phones 10 in mono mode

- ARC USB: new option 'Push-off or-on' for Talkback

- Digiface AVB: increased number of channels in Quad Speed mode to 64

The macOS version has some more changes. It is now compiled with the latest XCode. This was necessary to make it compatible to the upcoming macOS 10.15 (Catalina). That also means it is no longer compatible to Mac OS X below 10.11. The newer compiler causes a slightly higher CPU load (still very low), and Catalina causes refresh problems when dragging the window size horizontally. We added new code for this function only for 10.15 to address this issue. Under older OS versions it should work as before.

Edit: Download links removed

Any feedback is appreciated!

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Re: TotalMix FX 1.62 and Remotes 1.12 available

The matching/updated remotes 1.12 are now also available, for Mac and Windows:

https://archiv.rme-audio.de/download/tm … remote.zip

https://archiv.rme-audio.de/download/tm … remote.zip

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Will there also be an updated remote app for iOS?

Sure.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

It's been more than a week since you replied and still there's no update for iOS. Why the delay?

We are working on other things, and the fixes are not crucial for the iOS app.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

MC wrote:

I check the new 1.62 version with my UFXII and my ARC USB controller what does the new option "Push-off or on" make the difference?

Correct me if I'm wrong:

I like to see if you "push" or hit the Talkback button on ARC USB controller in one short time the Talkback button should be activated in a permanent way until you push it again with one hit. And on the other way if you hold the button for the speaking sequence time and leave it after speaking off, than it should be come back in non activated status like on traditional big "old-school" consoles do happen.

For sure I'm not the first people like to see this functionality for the ARC USB controller.

Another story:

TotalMix Remotes app for mobile Android systems? Should be time for this!

Thank you very much with best regards

Trommeltotti

Trommeltotti wrote:
MC wrote:

I check the new 1.62 version with my UFXII and my ARC USB controller what does the new option "Push-off or on" make the difference?i

https://www.forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopic.php?id=28789

Trommeltotti wrote:

I like to see if you "push" or hit the Talkback button on ARC USB controller in one short time the Talkback button should be activated in a permanent way until you push it again with one hit. And on the other way if you hold the button for the speaking sequence time and leave it after speaking off, than it should be come back in non activated status like on traditional big "old-school" consoles do happen.

For sure I'm not the first people like to see this functionality for the ARC USB controller.

https://www.forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopic.php?id=29195

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

MC wrote:

Looks promising. Maybe next version already.

Alright, I understand. This is probably a upcoming feature in next TotalMix FX version. Maybe also a additional  functionally to configure two! Talkback microphones (instead of one Talkback and one Listenback) for situations in one room with headphones using for everybody. (Performer and Engineer)

Thank you very much

+ 1 for this:
https://www.forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopic.php?id=29094

www.yila.co.uk

Where to find the latest version TotalMix FX for windows? Looked for it in downloads (USB\Software\Others). Saw only TotalMix Remote.
Thanks.
https://d.radikal.ru/d02/1909/df/f8fa1714ad78.jpg

The latest version of TotalMix FX is part of the driver.

Sometimes you get a notification about new TM FX binaries, as the release process for driver updates needs time.
This is TM FX v 1.63.
https://www.forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopic.php?id=29279

Its worth to read RME forum regulary to get such information.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

I have a newer MAC running Mojave with Total Mix and a Digiface Dante RME device. why do I not see the EQ or Dynamics tabs in Total Mix. They are not there at all.

sportsaudio wrote:

I have a newer MAC running Mojave with Total Mix and a Digiface Dante RME device. why do I not see the EQ or Dynamics tabs in Total Mix. They are not there at all.

From the RME website:  The Digiface Series does not support DSP based effects (FX) like EQ or reverb

Vincent, Amsterdam
https://soundcloud.com/thesecretworld
Babyface pro fs, HDSP9652+ADI-8AE, HDSP9632

15 (edited by elvischan917 2019-10-12 18:25:38)

I am using the this version of Totalmix FX in Win10 and Remotes also in the same Win10, but I am not able to connect between Remote and FX even though they are in the same PC.
I read through some threads, knowing I have to make it pass through my firewall, shut down anti-virus, shut down fire wall on the router. After I did all these, still cannot connect.

I am using Fireface 802 with USB connected.

Any ideas?

Alvis Chan

Look at the ZIP archive, you will find information that
its not supported to run TM FX remote on the same machine, where TM FX is already running.

And why would you want to run TM FX remote on the PC where you have already TM FX running ?! Makes no real sense.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

ramses wrote:

And why would you want to run TM FX remote on the PC where you have already TM FX running ?! Makes no real sense.

That would be an effective way to double the number of remote controllers available via midi/osc, as the mac / win version of TMFX remote is remote controllable too.

Fireface UFX+ | Fireface UFX | Babyface Pro | 12Mic

My understanding is, that TM FX remote is simply a "remote view" of the real TM FX instance, but I might be wrong.

Check the additional informations: https://www.google.de/url?sa=t&rct= … DlevD--229

MC's comment here: https://forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopic.ph … 38#p143238
led me to believe that it's possible. And indeed my TMFX remote seems to have separate midi controller settings from the host TMFX. However, only midi controllers are available on TMFX remote, so no OSC here.

Still waiting for the global osc control anyway.

Fireface UFX+ | Fireface UFX | Babyface Pro | 12Mic

bsfreq wrote:

MC's comment here: https://forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopic.ph … 38#p143238
led me to believe that it's possible. And indeed my TMFX remote seems to have separate midi controller settings from the host TMFX. However, only midi controllers are available on TMFX remote, so no OSC here.

Still waiting for the global osc control anyway.

Now I see, thanks. Only with iPAD not possible he said, but Windows and Mac OS yes.

Ok, but I know from other discussions, that TM FX Remote can not be used on the same machine where TM FX is running.

21 (edited by elvischan917 2019-10-13 01:57:32)

bsfreq wrote:
ramses wrote:

That would be an effective way to double the number of remote controllers available via midi/osc, as the mac / win version of TMFX remote is remote controllable too.

Thanks for your reply. I was testing it with lazy. Now I dig out my iPad.
I found the problem is caused by my network switch that it blinds the Totalmix FX for the ip, i.e. it telling the wrong ip of my PC. Now I manually checked the ip address for my PC and it works fine.

Thanks. big_smile

Hello,

It seems it fixes issues on UFX+.
But I can't find the last version.

You said "it will not be rolled out with updated driver packages anymore". So where is it?

Best regards

Hi All,

Owner of Babyface Pro.  WIN10 1803.  Update to latest Firmware 125 went OK.  All working fine.

But I'm confused as to the latest version of Total Mix.

When I open Total Mix FX/Help/About it shows version "1.61."

When I open Fireface USB Settings it shows:
"Driver Date 27.06.19"
"Driver Version 1.168"
"Hardware Revision 125"

Is this the latest and greatest set of WINDOWS USB Drivers/Total MX FX?

I have on my hard drive a file named "tmfx_win_163.zip" which I downloaded Sep. 17, 2019.  When I run it nothing happens.

What is the latest version of Total Mix for Windows?

Thanks,
Danny V.

TM 1.61 is correct.
TM is being installed with the driver.
Proper filename of the driver is: driver_usb_win_1168.zip

From time to time there are Beta update versions that are announced here on forum and can be downloaded separately to try things out. You quit the normal TM FX and start this new binary.
Or you copy the new file to the Windows driver directory: C:\Windows\System32
Best make a copy of the original TotalMixFX.exe file.

danevaz
Thanks for question.
ramses
Thanks for reply.
Didn't understand why TM FX v1.61. When TotalMix FX 1.63 available 2019-09-15 and not Beta.

I understood finally!!! smile

Well it doesn't necessarily need to be a "Beta". In some cases RME simply wants / needs feedback from more users to be extra sure, that the new version can be rolled out without issues by bundling it with the latest driver and before it becomes the new default version in all drivers.

I've downloaded every driver I can find on the web site. Not one of those drivers includes TotalMix FX or TotalMix Remote. Out of all the links you've posted in the forum, not one of them includes TotalMix FX. I was able to download TotalMix Remote for Mac, but when I try to open it, it will not open. All I'm trying to do is use my brand new Fireface UFX+ as a USB audio interface (something that it should be configured to do out of the box), and here I am deep in the jungles of the user forum looking for ancient download links that RME has by some miracle forgotten to take down.

First off, in terms of the RME user experience, I'll just say this: YIKES

Secondly, a question: where can I download TotalMix FX for Mac?

In post 1, you say TotalMix FX "will not be rolled out with updated driver packages anymore as version 1.63 is already available." Then, in post 12, you say "The latest version of TotalMix FX is part of the driver."

Which is it? Where is the download for TotalMix FX?

Your brand new UFX+ comes with a printed user manual. It includes a detailed chapter about driver installation on Mac. And also explains that TotalMix is part of that driver installation.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

The printed manual says to install the drivers from the RME Driver CD. I have the new Macbook Pro, which does not have a CD drive. Is there a link to download TotalMix FX?

Please re-read post #29: "[...] And also explains that TotalMix is part of that driver installation."
This should answer your question.

As I said in post #30, the printed user manual directs you to install the drivers from a CD. MacBook Pros haven't had a CD drive for 12 years, so I can't install drivers from a CD.

This shouldn't be a problem though, as any company with even a half-working web site has their full software stack available for download online. Can you direct me to the link where I can download TotalMix FX for Mac?

The manual section has surely been written at a time, where it was standard to deliver CDs.
BUT .. these times are long over as the usefulness of driver CDs is very questionable,
because these drivers are quicker outdated than you can buy the product...

But its still a valid statement, that TM FX is included in the driver package and is being installed along with the RME driver.
And if RME / MC tells you so (post #29) then you can trust it...

All RME manuals, drivers and software are available from Webserver. Unfortunately there seems to be a webserver problem (the 1st one that I notice in around 6y ..) so please wait for the next business day when hopefully everything has been resolved.

I bookmarked the URL of the RME archive site which contains the drivers of approx 6+ months ago.
Maybe it helps you to get the stuff working at least.
But as soon as the webserver is online I would check there for the latest drivers.
https://archiv.rme-audio.de/downloads/driver/uc.php

Good luck.

Thanks for the link. I was able to download and install the driver, but when I tried to open TotalMix (on MacOS 15.5.5), it wouldn't open. The icon just continued to bounce in the dock, and the program never came up. The same thing happened with usb driver version 2.22, 3.15, 3.18, and 3.19. Any idea why this is happening?

Is the Settings dialog opening?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

I'll bet it's 10.15.5...

MB Pro - 2 X FireFace 400, FF800 & DigiFace USB
ADAT gear: Korg, Behri, Fostex, Alesis...

You’re right. It’s MacOS 10.15.5