OK, the Antelope only has 1x ADAT i/o.
Cabling / Signal flow would be:
Millenia Preamp -> Analog out -> 8-port A/D converter -> ADAT -> Antelope
You could use for this purpose:
- https://www.rme-audio.de/de_adi-8-qs.html (with MADI)
- https://www.rme-audio.de/de_adi-8-ds-mk-iii.html (without MADI)
Alternative Proposal. The analog section of the UFX+ is already superb.
Get an UFX+ which you can get currently to a very affordable price.
Its an USB3/Thunderbolt recording interface.
By this you get a solid base, TotalMix, MADI, Durec, Everything you dream off.
TotalMix FX has now TotalMix Remote and so on.
Then I would connect
- Millenia analog to the UFX+
- Antelope as Guitar Processor standalone to the UFX+ via ADAT
Voila, best scalebale solution with zillions of good options and advantages.
Later you can still decide, whether you give the Millenia a MADI module and then you can connect it per MADI.
This frees again your analog ports on the UFX+
AND ... you are even abale to record up to 192 kHz by this, because
- you connect the millenia now directly to the UFX+ analog ports
- and later you connect it via MADI, at 192 kHz there are still 16 MADI channels left
This would be a much scalable high quality solution.
Then buy an ARC USB on top, then you have very comfortably working.
1 year later (if you have cache again) you can even add reference grade quality D/A conversion for phones and monitors by integrating the ADI-2 Pro FS to the UFX+, for monitors and phones by ADAT or AES.
See here: https://www.tonstudio-forum.de/blog/ind … our-Setup/
UFX+, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1650v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub12Pro