Topic: Bug?

Hi All
Ive been using totalmix a long time...prob since 2007 on fireface 800...although it has matured so much. I have been away from music for a couple of years but I made it a mission to not get into the continuous upgrade loop. The daw is still xp because I treat it like a hardware box and fixed pallet (picasso did blue for 5 years or so...its not strange :-)
Anyway I upgraded totalmixfx and setup the presets etc. The strange thing is when I select preset 4 (Aurasphere) the fader group  drops ganging to output 8. I have them ganged to the master out because output 8 is my sub out and I need DIM etc to stay linked to the master fader level

Could someone try it to make sure its not something whacky im doing? The process is
Load workspace
Select preset 1, you will note it include output fader 1/2, output 8 and main out fader
Select preset 2...still going ok with the same fader group going strong
Select preset 3...fine
Select preset 4 and BANG, output 8 disappears

Confirm by reselecting preset (should I say snapshot) 1
Now you can clearly see that output 8 has been removed from the fader group 1

Not really sure how to simply attach the workspace file but here is a https://drive.google.com/open?id=1sqsia … Kl1vRG7RvZ

Re: Bug?

What version of TotalMix FX is that?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

The latest I downloaded from website last week...1.31

What OS do you have ?!
Whats the file name of the ZIP archive that you downloaded ?

TM v1.31 appears to me very old. I have doubts that you downloaded the latest FF800 driver.

For Windows: The latest FW driver for FF800 is "driver_fw_win_3125.zip"
(Windows 7 bis 10 PnP Treiber für Fireface 400, 800, 802, UCX, UFX, Version 3.125.)

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

My apologies I didnt note the OS...Im using a closed box DAW with xpsp3. This seemed to be the latest version I could use for xp.

The bug that you mentioned should be fixed for a long time. If you can't update the driver you can still try to update TM FX, for example here:

https://www.forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopic.php?id=29279

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

7 (edited by aurasphere 2019-10-04 02:46:02)

unfortunately the link is broken :-(

Link fixed.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Vielen Dank :-)

Ok...the bug is still there...still the same behaviour.

I have conceded defeat and so I have set up a new DAW w10 64bit. I have installed the 1.63 as per the link. The bug still remains as per the original report. Could this please be confirmed as its frustrating to use.
Many thanks

^

^ Is this a bug or not?
Its repeatable with the previously attached workspace
Will it be fixed
Where do I get support as it seems this post is now dead and no replies for a number of days now?

Cheers

14 (edited by aurasphere 2019-10-09 13:21:49)

ramses wrote:

What OS do you have ?!
TM v1.31 appears to me very old. I have doubts that you downloaded the latest FF800 driver.

For Windows: The latest FW driver for FF800 is "driver_fw_win_3125.zip"
(Windows 7 bis 10 PnP Treiber für Fireface 400, 800, 802, UCX, UFX, Version 3.125.)

I cannot find that on the website...under driver archive there is

Windows

win_fire_2999.zip    Windows XP/Vista/7 32/64 Bit PnP driver for Fireface 400/800, version 2.999, 11/27/2009. Last version with MME support.
w2fire_2631.zip    Windows 2000/XP PnP driver for Fireface 800, version 2.6.3.1, 02/20/2007.

15 (edited by ramses 2019-10-09 18:12:25)

Please send the URL and a screenshot, I do not know in what parallel universe you stranded tbh.

Otherwise here navigation instructions to find the driver for your Windows installation.

BTW ... RME is working on bringing old products back to the new webserver.
Then you can find FF800 there and you get a download section on the product page.

If you look for drivers for old devices which are not sold anymore, then the objective is, to go to the old Webpage.
You find it on the footer of RME webpages under "Archive RME Audio"

---> https://archiv.rme-audio.de/en/

This old webpage you might remember ?!

Ok, there you see on top of the page "DOWNLOADS"

This brings you to this URL:
-----> https://archiv.rme-audio.de/en/downloads.php

There you click to
"Firewire" and
"Drivers for Windows (XP SP2, Windows 7, 8, 10)"

There you find on top
"Windows 7 to 10 PnP driver for Fireface 400, 800, 802, UCX, UFX, version 3.125. "

So you download this driver please:
----> https://archiv.rme-audio.de/download/dr … n_3125.zip

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Thanks ramses
First of all I apologise for any frustration...it has been a nightmare with UAD, Waves, Steinberg (elicenser does not recognise my dongle) etc etc...with so many bugs wasting days of my time when I could actually be making music :-)

I went to the archive section as that seemed logical.

I have been dealing with totalmix vs drivers as a separate entity...and MC provided a separate link to TMfx

BUT

1. I have downloaded the link to the latest; as stated
https://www.rme-usa.com/downloads.html? … n_3125.zip

2. Installed it (TMfx says its actually 1.6 not 1.63)

3. The bug is still absolutely and very much there; actually worse now because Fader Group 1, when recalled in different snapshots jumps to different fader assignments...I thought the manual said it was snapshot persistent.

4. Snapshots are of course used just for control room output; 1 = ATC with sub, 2 = NS + Sub, 3 = Mulitimedia, 4 = Auratone mono. It all began with a mono routing on snapshot 4 which breaks the routing of the others.

Either way, if someone would be so kind as to load the workspace and confirm that would be amazing

Cheers
M

The workspace that you wanted to provide would help us to check. Unfortunately the link includes a broken file (lower 30% are just garbage) and can not be loaded into TotalMix FX.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Thats strange as I just tested and loaded fine. I have zipped it as a package protection and made the link click friendly

https://bit.ly/2q39BwN

I have double checked it and it downloads/opens fine this end...thanks for your help

That worked. I'll check.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Any news?

Isn't it sunday ? wink

Hehe...ganz richtig. It's actually Sunday night in Sydney...just looking forward to resolution...and who can stop thinking about making music...I'm 54 and its in my mind more than ever!

There is nothing strange nor surprising with these Snapshots. You have mono (!) output channel 8 within a fader group, and change this channel to be the Main stereo (!) output. So what to do with the one channel in a fader group? It gets deactivated to not screw the Pan control of Mains.

We will check if this can be improved, but I doubt so.

Simply use 7/8 as stereo out not using one channel physically and it will work.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

24 (edited by aurasphere 2019-10-13 11:22:49)

Vielen Dank MC
I used total mix in much simpler way before and cubase did the work...now (using Live which has no such facility) I have moved the control room functionality for 4 references to TMix, it requires a bit of a hack. The prob is in my case, there was no user notification this would happen with fader groups...I would have thought the fader group memory structure would have allowed for phantom channels and reassigned its array index for each snapshot; as its a persistent facet of the UI.
More than that, rather than hacking it with a fader group, simply being able to assign concurrent multiple outputs the the main out would be much simpler...1 controller to rule them all! No different to managing eg 5.1. Essentially Im just doing 2.1 but no easy way for the snapshot to route those to a master fader and hence to fader grouping which is a hack I saw on the forum. I realise there is of course speaker B but its a mutually exclusive route.

Not sure if this is also a 'feature' :-) but now, with the fader groups working, I dim a snapshot, then select another, the dimmed position of the fader group remains even though the new snapshot was saved at 0db for the master level. Who has priority in the group and with the preference to use snapshot master level, shouldnt that take priority over a fader group?

EDIT: All the faders are saved at 0db on every snapshot...why do they not honour the saved setting?

Once again...thanks.

25 (edited by aurasphere 2019-10-15 05:12:21)

Hi Guys
Many thanks to those who have tried to help me...Its taken 13 days to sort through basic stuff; sure some of its my issue but overall...im done. Yeah it works but without the multi channel handling for the main mix...its just a hack and fumbling to understand without detailed info or flowchart/concept map...thats how to make things simple.

Ive decided to simply just go back to Cubase for mixing...with its really nice management of 2.1, 5.1/control room and all the other bits and just use Dante as a remote on the Live/performance PC. Have bought a UR44 for the Live pc because the pres are amazing and trialling the focusrite Claret pres for the DAW which seem to be quite sweet and a bit better so if anyone is after a cheap fireface, let me know; $50 and its yours.

The functionality in TM is there but without a decent flow chart, mature error trapping and basic UX ive wasted too much time already...would like to just make music. Really struggle with the fact there is no midi command to bring the TM or setting window to front without autohotkey etc

Anyway, all the best guys and vielen Dank