Topic: Mismatch in device order/labelling between TotalMix and USB settings

I have an issue using multiple devices and the ordering of them. The device order is not the same in "Fireface USB settings" and "TotalMix"

In "Fireface USB settings", I have used 'lexicographical ascending' to set the device order. I have three devices, and they are labeled in the correct order in USB Settings. UFX(1) is our master in terms of clock source, and the channel numbering starts with channel 1 on UFX(1) and goes in order through UFX(2) and finally UCX(3). So the ASIO driver is getting all the channel numbers correct.

However, in TotalMix the labeling is not the same. Strangely, TotalMix is labeling the sound cards differently to the USB settings.

ASIO Channel 1 is on the hardware device labeled as UFX(1) in USB Settings, but labeled as UFX(2) in TotalMix. This device appears second in the list in TotalMix. Our mixer settings, stored as TotalMix Workspace, are being applied to the wrong sound cards – UFX 1 and 2 are swapped. Additionally, UCX(3) as labeled in USB settings, is labeled as UCX(1) in TotalMix, however it is in the correct order as it is third in the list.

USB Settings displays the following tabs in this order: Fireface UCX(3), Fireface UFX(2), Fireface UFX(1)
TotaMix displays the following devices in this order: Fireface UFX(1), Fireface UFX(2), Fireface UCX(1)

I'm using Win10. I have latest driver 1.168 and using TotalMix 1.63 which I found through this forum.

Any help appreciated!

Cheers,
Adam

Re: Mismatch in device order/labelling between TotalMix and USB settings

Hi, any news on why devices in 'Fireface USB Settings' are labeled differently to 'TotalMixFX'?

How can one identify the correct device in TotalMixFX with such mislabeling (and mis-ordering) in place?

We have not been able to resolve this issue, it is still outstanding for us.

Thanks to your post here MisterRider, i was able to find the response from ramses in your other post on the same topic, with the advice "Driver Settings -> About -> Sort ASIO Devices -> "Pulldown menue"

I can report that this does not solve the issue. The problem report is that the sort order is reflected in 'USB Settings', but not in 'TotalMix', as described in detail above.

Incidentally, the issue occurs with three devices, but i have not had the issue when using only 2 devices.

Looking forward to a resolution on this one, as re-wiring is looking like our only option at this stage...

Sorry for the late response. Currently TM FX USB does not know which sort order has been set in the USB Settings dialog. We will work on this soon.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Thanks for the response.

In that case, can you please confirm what sort order TM FX USB does use? Is there an option we can select in USB Settings dialog, so the sort order is the same for TM FX USB, USB Settings, and therefore ASIO as well?