Topic: RME FireFce UFX II using ADAT and Word Clock simultaneously

Hi All,

I would like to know if this configuration would work if I connected these three devices together. The question is the clocking sync.

1) RME FireFace UFX II as the main interface, I would like it to be the MASTER clock, set to internal
2) Focusrite Clarett 8PRE in standalone mode. It has ADAT IN/OUT and a Word Clock out only. So I connect this with both ADAT IN and OUT with the FireFace Adat OUT/IN. It works fine so far. The Clarett is a SLAVE.
3) I would like to extend the preamps with an Audient ASP800. The ASP800 has ADAT OUT and Word Clock IN. So, what happens if I connect the FireFace Word Clock OUT to this Word Clock IN of the Audient?

I could connect all the WC terminals like this: Clarett WC OUT -> RME WC IN, RME WC OUT -> Audient WC IN. But in this case, the Clarett would be the master which I do not like to.
So the question: If I connect the RME and Focusrite with both ADAT IN / OUT, and at the same time, I connect the RME WC OUT to the Audient WC IN, would the whole setup work perfectly synched?

thanks, guys
Peter

Re: RME FireFce UFX II using ADAT and Word Clock simultaneously

WC is also active on the UFX II.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

So just for reality check:
I can use the FireFace as getting input audio from both ADAT INs (2 x 8 additional ADAT channels) but the clocking is different. One externl preamp gets its clocking from the ADAT channel and the other one is getting it vie WC.

albert.peeter wrote:

So just for reality check:
I can use the FireFace as getting input audio from both ADAT INs (2 x 8 additional ADAT channels) but the clocking is different. One externl preamp gets its clocking from the ADAT channel and the other one is getting it vie WC.

Yes!
But if for whatever reason you want it without WC cable. you can make the audient master through adat and both other devices as slaves. The RME will slave to the audient adat  and the focusrite to the rme adat, which has steadyclock which will send a very good clock out on it's adat ports even when in slave mode.

Vincent, Amsterdam
https://soundcloud.com/thesecretworld
BFpro fs, 2X HDSP9652 ADI-8AE, 2X HDSP9632