Topic: Master fader always at max after restart

Hello fellow RME users. I've been using Totalmix for a few years now, and love it... except for the title of the thread.

Every time I restart the totalmix FX software, my master fader which is assigned to AN 1/2 HW OUT is maxed out +6 dB causing all audio to be distorted.

It's a simple fix of going into totalmix and double clicking the master fader to reset to 0. But it's very annoying and sometimes I forget... thinking my mix has been ruined or I was out of my mind the day before when I made the mix decisions... only to remember "oh yeah! master fader must be up..." and then I fix it.

Again this is not a terrible issue making the product unusable... however for the amount of money I spent on the interface I would expect this to be a non-issue.

OS - 10.12.6
Totalmix FX - 1.65
HW - Babyface Pro USB

Please let me know any additional details which are needed. Thanks!

Re: Master fader always at max after restart

There is an option to not set the Main Out when loading TM. It might help to deactivate it. The volume change comes from the OS, so what did you do to raise the volume? Or is this the old Cubase/WaveLab thing:

https://forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopic.php?id=10662

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

3 (edited by futurelogic 2020-04-06 15:37:51)

Re: Master fader always at max after restart

Man you are my savior! Should have come here years ago! Just been dealing with the issue... lol.

I had no idea the total mix master fader was linked to the system volume... thanks for clarifying that part. Went into the sound utility in the system preferences, and just turned the volume on that soundcard down to 0 dB.

So far it stayed after reboot. First time I believe since I've owned my babyface.

Thanks man, you really made my day.