Topic: RME Fireface 400 - WHEA UNCORRECTIBLE ERROR BSOD

Hi,

I've just bought new computer hardware and I am having massive issues with the RME Fireface.
Every 10-30min I get the same "WHEA UNCORRECTIBLE ERROR" Bluescreen and the computer has to restart, no time for saving projects etc.

My Hardware:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3950X
Mainboard: Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master
RAM: 2x32GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3200 CL16
GPU: Palit GTX 980Ti Super Jetstream
Firewire-Card: https://www.amazon.de/KKmoon-Erweiterun … 076BMK6YP/

I already had issues with the Fireface 400 on my previous setup (opened a thread here too) -> crackling/clicking noise, but I managed to get rid of the problem after deactivating the nvidia audio drivers.

The crashlog shows that either hal.dll, 1394ohci.sys or fireface_64.sys is causing the crash.

When I disconnect the Fireface 400 from the PCIe-Card, there aren't any crashes happening anymore.

What can I do now? I've ordered the following PCI-Card and will try if that will solve the problem.

But it is strange that the Fireface was workling with my old setup but won't anymore on my new hardware.

Is there anything I can do/try meanwhile? ...got fresh and clean install of Win10, everything updated.

2 (edited by ramses 2020-05-23 19:50:19)

Re: RME Fireface 400 - WHEA UNCORRECTIBLE ERROR BSOD

Firewire is not supported well anymore under Win10.
What driver did you use ?

VIA Chipset for Firewire is not so good, get a card with a better TI firewire chip, like this:
https://www.heise.de/preisvergleich/exs … 75938.html

Avoid Fw cards with TI XIO2200A, the chip did not respond well on interrupts.

BR
Ramses
X10SRi-F, Win10 Pro 1909, Cubase, UFX+, Octamic XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS BE/R BE, RayDAT, ARC USB

Re: RME Fireface 400 - WHEA UNCORRECTIBLE ERROR BSOD

You should avoid the VIA card, since it includes a PCI-to-PCIE bridge which will not work.
Please use a native PCIE firewire card.
In the past the best firewire cards had a TI chip. The TI XIO2200 had an issue if combined with intel chipsets though. In your case it will probably work well since you have an AMD system. I recently tested my XIO2200 with an ASUS Prime B450-A which worked very well. The other possibility is to use the TI XIO2213 which should also work on Intel systems.
Hope it helps.