Topic: Digiface USB with DSP Speaker (Genelec8341)

Hi.
I currently use UFX and Genelec 8341 with digital
UFX AES OUT - Genelec AES IN

so i dont use UFX's DA converter .

now i consider upgrade my interface , and i think i don't have to use the DA converter

for example ,
Digiface USB OPTICAL SPDIF OUT -> SPDIF / AES CONVERTER -> GENELEC 8341
With good AD converter and Mic Pre amp

is it possible ? and is there any problem ?

Re: Digiface USB with DSP Speaker (Genelec8341)

It’s possible, what AD converter do you have in mind? Do you think it makes an (audible) difference? Why don’t you just keep the UFX and add some Mic Preamp(s) for situations when you want to color the sound?

hselters wrote:

It’s possible, what AD converter do you have in mind? Do you think it makes an (audible) difference? Why don’t you just keep the UFX and add some Mic Preamp(s) for situations when you want to color the sound?

Thanks for answer !
I used my UFX for a long time , and i love it .
but i dont need to 4 mic pre and a lot of I&O

I've never used another interface or converter ,
But I heard UFX2(UFX+) 's converter is better than UFX
So i think there's a difference in my upgrade , and selling UFX is for budget

this is my option i have in mind

1. Digiface USB + ADI 2 PRO FS R BE + Mic Pre (my first option)
2. Digiface USB + NEVE 1073 DPD with 2 spdif/aes converter
3. UFX 2 + Mic Pre

Can you give me some advice ?

Hello!

For 1st option,

if you re going to be using your Genelecs' digital connections, there's no point for the ADI 2 Pro, since the converters used for DA are going to be the Genelecs' ones. So you can connect them directly on the DF Usb.

2nd:

This is a viable setup and a great Mic Pre! If you 're going to be using your Genelecs, it's the one you need, since you don't need your UFX's Mic Pres. Maximum number of channels will be 24 In/ 34 Out @44.1/48K.

3rd:

This is the most futureproof setup, if you later decide to add more channels via MADI and the other connections it offers! Even another pair of monitors for taking use of the UFX+ 's converters.

Of course you can use an extra pair of analog monitors with the ADI 2 Pro of your 1st option, and benefit from the ADI 2 Pro's features such as SRC(SampleRateConversion), among others!

It depends on what your needs are!
So, to sum things up:

1. Medium futureproofing, option for extra pair of analog monitors, ADI 2 Pro FS R BE features
2. Medium futureproofing, great colouring Mic Pre
3. Major futureproofing, option for extra pair of analog monitors, great clean Mic Pres, DUREC and features of the UFX+

Hope this helps, a bit!

RME Gear: Digiface USB, HDSP 9632

MetalHeadKeys wrote:

Hello!

For 1st option,

if you re going to be using your Genelecs' digital connections, there's no point for the ADI 2 Pro, since the converters used for DA are going to be the Genelecs' ones. So you can connect them directly on the DF Usb.

2nd:

This is a viable setup and a great Mic Pre! If you 're going to be using your Genelecs, it's the one you need, since you don't need your UFX's Mic Pres. Maximum number of channels will be 24 In/ 34 Out @44.1/48K.

3rd:

This is the most futureproof setup, if you later decide to add more channels via MADI and the other connections it offers! Even another pair of monitors for taking use of the UFX+ 's converters.

Of course you can use an extra pair of analog monitors with the ADI 2 Pro of your 1st option, and benefit from the ADI 2 Pro's features such as SRC(SampleRateConversion), among others!

It depends on what your needs are!
So, to sum things up:

1. Medium futureproofing, option for extra pair of analog monitors, ADI 2 Pro FS R BE features
2. Medium futureproofing, great colouring Mic Pre
3. Major futureproofing, option for extra pair of analog monitors, great clean Mic Pres, DUREC and features of the UFX+

Hope this helps, a bit!

Hi ! Thanks for your answer

You give me all the information what i needed
I really appreciate it !!

I hope you have a great time always

You 're welcome!! smile

I hope you have a great time always

You, too!!!

RME Gear: Digiface USB, HDSP 9632