Topic: [Solved] Digiface USB-Panasonic WRDA7-Input in TM but not in DAW

Dear RME professionals and users,

since a few days I am focussing on my 16ch Recording Setup based on a Panasonic Ramsa WRDA7,
the Digiface USB and Ableton (Cubase).

I have a mac 10.15.5, installed all actual RME drivers incl. FUT, set up the In/Out in updated 10.1.14 Ableton after choosing the Digiface as my interface. I connected the digiface with the WRDA7 via ADAT 1 and 2 via 4 Toslinks to get the 16 ch In/Out.

My 16 instruments are seen in the WRDA7 Mixers channels and even it arrives to Total Mix FX to ADAT channels 1-16.

In TMFX I routed it to the Main (Adat 1/2) and the PH. Up to here everything works like expected.

I then set up 16 Audio channels in Ableton like Ext 1, Ext 2 to Ext 16.
The Problem is that there seem to be no signalconnection from the Hardware Inputs to Ableton.
And the Paradox is that when I am firing a midiloop from Abletons Drums and set it to i.e. Ext Out 1/2
it is seen in the Software Playback in TMFX and I can even listen to it via channels 17-32.

I now ordered a new Digiface from Thomann because this is a very desperate situation.
Since it feels like I tried out every possible mistake. I installed even Cubase but same situation here.
I see the Inputs arriving in TMFX but not in the DAW while I can

I could send all images from the process and hope we will find a setup mistake I made.
My last idea was to check the Matrix view in depth because I am not sure if there is everything set correctly.

Much Love
Sebastian

Re: [Solved] Digiface USB-Panasonic WRDA7-Input in TM but not in DAW

Hello!

I don't think that there is any problem with the DF Usb, since everything works as expected without Ableton or Cubase in between.

Most likely, it has to do with the monitoring system of these DAWs or a Mac OS allowance of inputs using those applications?(I 'm sorry, I don't have any experience with Mac OS. More of general information gathered here and there!)

Can you, also, try a test with Reaper? It's free for a certain amount of time, but with unlimited functionality!

RME Gear: Digiface USB, HDSP 9632

When the audio arrives in TotalMix then the DF USB can not be broken - the audio data is within the computer and the Mac's audio system already. You either haven't allowed the microphone for Ableton, or chose the wrong input channels.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Thank you !
You both gave me the same idea I had before.
Since the signal arrives in total mix it's not a problem with the digiface.
What is really strange is that the digiface is even noticed in ableton.
I just don't get a signal in.
Maybe I have to change the matrix in Total Mix?

X guys

So you checked the microphone setting?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

I now ordered a new digiface just to test.
There seems to be a bigger problem.
I.E. in Macs Audio-MIDI Setup all adats are
muted.

Now I tried to reinstall the RME Driver and Flash Update. When I reinstalled all settings
left like before. And mistake is still present.
No input in DAW.

Is there a guide how to completely remove the old drivers. I looked into the manual but 2 of the manually deleteable files .kexp and de. I couldn’t find in Catalina in the library.
I know that in Catalina the library folder is just present when you press option/alt in the Go to rider.

So how to correctly remove the digiface  drivers and the flashup tool in 2020.

I also ordered a UFX 2 to check if it works.

First I will test the second digiface and if it works I send UFX 2 back.

I am really desperate because I need to record soon a lot of music. I need this 16 ch setup...

Much Love
Sebastian

HEJ MC,

thanks for your message!
It was the Microphone setting.
Sorry I didn’t understand what you really was talking about. You meant the Microphone setting in MacOS.
Now it works perfectly!!!
X
Sebastian