1 (edited by pightlebit 2020-09-15 16:52:09)

Topic: Totalmix / UFX+ with Sonarworks

Hi. Does anybody have experience of using Sonarwoks with these interfaces? I'm confused as to whether I should use it Systemwide or in my DAW (Logic) and how I get separate correction for my headphones and for my studio monitors. Have been looking on Youtube can't find anything relating to Sonarworks and RME.

Re: Totalmix / UFX+ with Sonarworks

Hi!

I use Systemwide for everything outside the DAW but the Plugin on the Monitorsection of Reaper (no idea if Logic has that).
Works perfectly.

I also use 2 Speakersystems and had luck configuring the Midi-Output of the rme ARC to automatically switch presets in Sonarworks the moment I switch speakers on the ARC. More on that if you really need a How-To (it involves Keyboard Maestro and a Midi-Translator on macOS).

Best,
Frank

Happy Fireface UFX+, Octamic XTC and M-32 Pro user.
http://www.stoersender-studio.ch

cool idea !

BR
Ramses
X10SRi-F, E5-1650v4, Win10 Pro 2004, Cubase 10.5.20, UFX+, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, ARC USB

frank.acklin wrote:

I also use 2 Speakersystems and had luck configuring the Midi-Output of the rme ARC to automatically switch presets in Sonarworks the moment I switch speakers on the ARC. More on that if you really need a How-To (it involves Keyboard Maestro and a Midi-Translator on macOS).

Great, I was also thinking to look into this since Sonarworks Systemwide can be MIDI controlled now, I would be very interested to learn more.
1) Does it work in sync with the "Speaker B" Button on the ARC as well as in Total Mix?
2) Would it also work for a pair of connected Headphones through the Arc's "Vol. Ph 1" Button?

hselters wrote:

1) Does it work in sync with the "Speaker B" Button on the ARC as well as in Total Mix?
2) Would it also work for a pair of connected Headphones through the Arc's "Vol. Ph 1" Button?

It should work with any incoming MIDI from the ARC - it might work with outgoing MIDI from TotalMix FX
as well for the Speaker B Button but I have not tried it.

Happy Fireface UFX+, Octamic XTC and M-32 Pro user.
http://www.stoersender-studio.ch

That looks useful, thanks v much Frank

frank.acklin wrote:

Hi!

I use Systemwide for everything outside the DAW but the Plugin on the Monitorsection of Reaper (no idea if Logic has that).
Works perfectly.

Best,
Frank

7 (edited by hselters 2020-09-16 20:40:12)

I just did a small patch in Max which receives OSC from Total Mix and sends MIDI to Sonarworks, so I did not need Keyboard Maestro or Midi-Translator in the end.

Now I can toggle between speakers with "Speaker B" on the ARC USB (or directly in Total Mix) and it automatically selects the right speaker profiles in Sonarworks.

I did something similar for a Headphone correction, I used a Fader Group in Total Mix which serves as a trigger for the Headphone correction profile in Sonarworks. The "Vol Ph 1" button on the ARC USB does not result in any OSC Output from Total Mix, thus this little workaround.