751 (edited by Celsian 2020-07-24 05:55:26)

Re: The official Babyface Pro Thread

I have a Babyface Pro FS and an ADI-2 DAC FS.

Is there any loss of quality if I connect the ADI-2 to the Babyface Pro with an optical cable instead of connecting the ADI-2 directly to the computer via USB?
I would be routing audio through TotalMix to the optical out on the Babyface and into the ADI-2.

My goal is to use TotalMix FX with the Babyface and the ADI-2, but I do not want to do that if the Babyface is modifying the signal before it gets to the ADI-2. If there is a better alternative I'm not considering, please let me know.

--------------

Edit: Thank you for the response Ramses.

> Is there any loss of quality if I connect the ADI-2 DAC to the Babyface Pro with an optical cable
> instead of connecting the ADI-2 DAC directly to the computer via USB?

No.

BR
Ramses
X10SRi-F, E5-1650v4, Win10 Pro 2004, Cubase 10.5.20, UFX+, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, ARC USB

753 (edited by Evgeniy1 2020-08-05 04:17:37)

In  "Topic: ADI-2 Pro Firmware Update DSP 87 (details)" 
I read,  than
"Here are some pictures to illustrate the changes. All AD filters, SD Sharp/Sharp and SD Slow/Slow have been optimized, individually in all sample rates from 44.1 up to 192 kHz. "

New firmware for  Babyface Pro fs   include these  new filters ?

DSD recording is possible with   Babyface Pro fs  ?

1. Yes (of course).

2. No.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

This is a request for TotalMix FX (I am using an iPad Pro 12.9 3g) and a Babyface Pro FS.

Please add a simple record ability like DuRec within TotalMix but into the memory on the iPad. I use the BFP to record dialogue in mono and as such this would be extremely useful! Cubasis is what I am using now, but it is not very streamlined for this use.

Is this feasible with the small I/O count and the SSD?

There are tons of apps that address such an application, so no, won't come.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

But not ones which only have TotalMix on the screen for monitoring. Floating screen on an iPad still takes a fair amount of real estate.

Hello, I am an Engineer of FIBBR. One of our USB product  has a issue with your device. Can you provide the E-Mail to me? We will send the detail information about this issue. Thanks!

I cannot get my Babyface Pro FS to install the driver. It seems to install correctly, but then when I check the Device Manager and the Babyface Pro FS device cannot run. The only driver found is USB 2.0.

I am using Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8750H CPU @ 2.20GHz, 32gig RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070.

Any help on being able to get the driver installation recognized, would be very welcomed.

Sincerely,
Christopher

Make sure the unit is not in CC mode (see manual)....

Not sure whether this is the right thread.

BFPFS - Left Output LED on hardware remains lit - two ladder bars - when set to optical out.  It's currently connected via S/PDIF to a MOTU Ultralite mk3.  This occurs randomly but daily.  Doesn't affect audio.  Cycling through the outputs via the B button - how I have it assigned - clears the meters.

Thanks.

Did you check the level meters in TM FX that there is really no signal? I haven't seen this issue so far.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

763 (edited by Hexspa 2020-09-19 03:18:32)

MC wrote:

Did you check the level meters in TM FX that there is really no signal? I haven't seen this issue so far.

Thanks for the reply.  Yes, for sure there is no signal.  Cycling the outputs via the hardware clears the LEDs.

I'll make a short video next time it happens and I'll upload to youtube set unlisted.

Almost doubted myself but here it is:
https://youtu.be/9OMYfhY7R1U
Noticed after CS:GO crashed.

Did you try this with the latest firmware 127?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Didn't know it was out.  Will install.  Thanks.

Ok, it's been about a day since I updated to firmware 127 and no problems so far.  I'll update if that changes. 

Thanks.

I currently have the HDSPe AIO after upgrading from my old UR22. I really got it because of the latency but I was more impressed with the sound I got compared to my old soundcard. I believed audio quality from high-end interfaces was a highly subjective topic until I got my RME. That said, I want to upgrade my mobile setup. I currently have an SSL 2 interface which I take with me everywhere I have my laptop. I would like to know if upgrading to a Babyface Pro FS would yield any audible benefit? My mobile set up is currently Yamaha HS8's. Thank you in advance.

Hi! I'm failing to make the following setup:

Instrument 1 > sent to > Headphones 1 (separate headphones)
Instrument 2 > sent to > Headphones 1 & Headphones 2 (both are two different physical headphones pairs)

Is it possible to configure it ?
Thanks for help

I'm using Babyface Pro FS

770 (edited by lightbox 2020-09-23 15:01:27)

vadim1319 wrote:

Instrument 2 > sent to > Headphones 1 & Headphones 2 (both are two different physical headphones pairs)

No, both physical headphones outputs are fed by "Output 3/4" of your Babyface. It's not possible to feed them individual mixes.

lightbox wrote:
vadim1319 wrote:

No, both physical headphones outputs are fed by "Output 3/4" of your Babyface. It's not possible to feed them individual mixes.

Thanks for the answer. Interesting that the babyface is marketed with "2 x Phones Output".

772 (edited by Hexspa 2020-09-25 04:24:00)

Just want to say that the 2 LED issue is still there.

Thanks.

EDIT: Seems related to switching applications.  Only happens with ADAT.  Just happened when tabbing from Firefox to TMFX then switching to my B output which is on ADAT.

EDIT 2: I figured it out.  It happens when I use the A button to toggle mono when speaker B is active.  I made a video on it if you want to see it.  It's strange because, still, cycling through the outputs clears the LEDs.

Hi All. I'm a newbie here.
I just purchased the Babyface Pro FS, and can't wait to check it out.
It should be here in a few days.
Question:
I have and Mic Pre Amp (API A2D) that has a AES digital output, and also has the spdif (rca connector out type) too.
Would I be able to use the AES out of the API Pre I have, and convert it with a format converter... something like the Hosa ODL312 S/PDIF Optical to AES/EBU Digital Audio Interface?
Here's a link.
https://hosatech.com/products/digital-a … s/odl-312/

Many Thanks,
Wyatt

ricerecording wrote:

Would I be able to use the AES out of the API Pre I have, and convert it with a format converter... to AES/EBU Digital Audio Interface?

Yes, should work ... but you'll have to set the clock source of your Babyface Pro FS to S/PDIF.

To be honest, I would rather get an 8 channel ADAT AD/DA and go analog from the API.
Even the budget option Behringer ADA 8200 has acceptably good converters, if price doesn't matter you can also go for the Focusrite Clarett Octopre.

And last but not least ... I don't know what you plan to do with the Babyface Pro FS but you might also want to consider the RME UFX II if you're planning a stationary setup anyway.

Does anyone know where to access the new "Mic Input 1 Copy to Mic Input 2" function? It's a very handy feature but I can't seem to find it in Totalmix, running v1.66.

Nicked_Wicked wrote:

Does anyone know where to access the new "Mic Input 1 Copy to Mic Input 2" function? It's a very handy feature but I can't seem to find it in Totalmix, running v1.66.

Set AN1 / AN2 to stereo, then in the Channel Settings you'll find "AN1->2" in the bottom of the settings.

Hexspa wrote:

Just want to say that the 2 LED issue is still there.

Thanks.

EDIT: Seems related to switching applications.  Only happens with ADAT.  Just happened when tabbing from Firefox to TMFX then switching to my B output which is on ADAT.

EDIT 2: I figured it out.  It happens when I use the A button to toggle mono when speaker B is active.  I made a video on it if you want to see it.  It's strange because, still, cycling through the outputs clears the LEDs.

Just wanted to be sure RME has seen this.  The EDIT 2 is how to reliably reproduce the issue.  Please let me know if there's any way I can help. 

Thanks,
Michael

The button A has two functions: entering the SET state and performing the action defined in TMFX. When the optical output is selected SET is still active, and you can push the SELECT key to change between SPDIF (2 LEDS) and ADAT (8 LEDS) output format.

It seems no one noticed this double function collision so far. We think we can fix this in the next firmware.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

MC wrote:

The button A has two functions: entering the SET state and performing the action defined in TMFX. When the optical output is selected SET is still active, and you can push the SELECT key to change between SPDIF (2 LEDS) and ADAT (8 LEDS) output format.

It seems no one noticed this double function collision so far. We think we can fix this in the next firmware.

Thank you.