Topic: adi-192 DD

Hello.
I have two ADI-192 DD units. Today there was a power outage that lasted for about 20 minutes. Both units were on at the time of the outage, when power returned only one powered back on, the other one didn’t. I tried to flip the front panel power switch on and off a few times but it did t work.
Could it be a power supply failure? These two units have never had a glitch before...
Any suggestions? I am in Los Angels, maybe you have some authorized tech shop that I could go to..
Thank you in advance!
RM

Re: adi-192 DD

Anyone....?
I was really hoping for MC to chime in..

Hello,

Seems likely that the PSU will need service. There is no official RME service center in LA, but Audio Rehab in Burbank can help you.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

Thank you Jeff.
Would it be possible to order the PSU from RME assuming it’s a module?
I have a friend in the industry who’s extremely competent. He would replace the PS module and save me tons of cash.. (AR in Burbank is 2-3 weeks behind on the bench unless one pays additional $$ to rush an order, plus the bench fee..).
I will take a look inside the unit tomorrow and see if I can spot any failed parts, like caps.
Meanwhile, thank you!
-RM

If you are in USA you can buy the NT-RME-1 power supply part for the ADI-192DD here:
https://www.rme-usa.com/power-supplies.html

Please note that while it should be a simple replacement for the tech, instructions/schematics are not available.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

It is unlikely but Afaik there is a fuse on the power supply that might just be blown.

Vincent, Amsterdam
https://soundcloud.com/thesecretworld
Babyface pro fs, HDSP9652+ADI-8AE, HDSP9632

Guys, thank you so much for the help.
I’ll check the fuse and PSU this morning and take it from there. I would LOVE IT if it were just a fuse....

Fuse checked out fine. I just ordered the PSU from RME, and hope to get it delivered soon.
Thank you guys for the help, I’ll post the outcome once the replacement is installed.

RM

An update, in case some of you guys use the same unit;
I ordered and quickly received a new power supply from RME/Synthax USA. I installed it myself .. piece of cake!
Thank you Jeff for your prompt help, you guys are the best!
Cheers,
RM