Topic: UFX II stand-alone mode: how to change mix settings?

Dear forum,

I'm new to the UFX II – and I just can't figure out how to change mix settings at the unit in stand-alone operation.

Following the manual (p. 48):

– I press the CHAN/MIX button twice to get to the Mix menu.
– Then the manual says: "The Mix to menu gives access to the whole submix functionality. Encoder 1 selects the mix destination, encoder 2 the source." That works, I can choose mix destination with encoder 1 and the source with encoder 2.
– BUT NOW. Manual: "A source can be modified in mix level and panorama." Here I'm stuck. I can click encoder 2 to select mix or pan fader of the current source, but then turning the encoder doesn't do anything.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong here? Thanks!

Re: UFX II stand-alone mode: how to change mix settings?

It does not do anything because you are not in stand-alone mode - USB is still connected.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Re: UFX II stand-alone mode: how to change mix settings?

Oh man, yes. Thanks a lot! I had the gut feeling that the answer would be very simple.

One more note on stand-alone mode: I think it would be super helpful to also have the option to display custom channel names (edited in Totalmix) on the display of the hardware. Currently that's not possible (if I didn't miss anything), but perhaps this could be added in a future upgrade if possible?