Topic: Driver Update - Fireface UC not remembering last settings anymore

Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere, but I spent some time searching on this and have not been able to resolve the issue.

I have a Fireface UC which I am using on a Windows 10 laptop. I recently updated to the latest driver (2020-11-25 driver_usb_win_1200) and flash updates, and since doing so my soundcard does not remember the TotalMix settings - or it does, but because my computer is not overwriting the last.FirefaceUC1 file the computer resets the settings on my fireface to those that were there on the last date modified, which was 30/11/2020 - the date I updated the drivers.

Originally, in Totalmix I checked the preferences and “Always init DSP devices with Totalmix FX settings” was not ticked. I ticked it, clicked 'OK'. Made a few settings adjustments on my soundcard and then restarted the computer. It stayed as it was until the moment I logged into windows, and then it reverted to a different setting and, when I checked Totalmix again after logging back in the “Always init DSP devices with Totalmix FX settings” was unticked again.

So I re-ticked the “Always init DSP devices with Totalmix FX settings” box, made some adjustments, then turned off the fireface. I restarted the computer and then turned the fireface back on after I had logged in. For some reason this time it restored my last settings, but I checked the last.FirefaceUC1 and it still said last date modified - 30/11/2020.

I have had my RME Fireface since 2014 and not had this problem up until now. I can save the settings how they are by fully exiting Totalmix and the soundcard settings revert to whatever they were at that point, but if I don't do that everytime then the fireface no longer automatically remembers the settings.

How do I get things back to how they were? What part of the settings options do I need to alter to keep some sort of log of my settings?

2 (edited by ramses 2020-12-15 15:21:25)

Re: Driver Update - Fireface UC not remembering last settings anymore

RME knows already about this issue and I am sure its being worked on it ..

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

https://forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopic.php?id=32074

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Thanks for that.