Topic: RME Babyface Pro (MacOS) - No Audio output from Discord Voice chat

Hello

I just migrated to macOS and I cant hear any sound coming through Discords voice chat. That includes server voice channels, private calls, voice channel live streams and also the "start testing" feature in the Voice & Video setting.

I can hear all other sounds from discord, including embedded videos and system sounds such as the push to talk sound and the connecting/disconnecting sound.

I have tested discord through chrome, and that does work, it seems like it is a problem that is specific to the app. I have also tested it with no audio interface and a different audio interface, and it seems to work perfectly fine. So I am quite sure that this is a unique Discord/RME problem on macOS (I have tested it on windows, and it works flawlessly).

I also tested other "chat" apps such as skype and teamspeak, and they all work.

I have sent Discord a support ticket, however since this also seems to be a problem specific to the RME Babyface Pro, I though I would also post here to see if anyone else has this issue, or could maybe help me out.

Re: RME Babyface Pro (MacOS) - No Audio output from Discord Voice chat

I have the totally same problem with it since this year.
dicord - totalmix had been working properly until last year, though.
I don't know why this problem occurs really.

Hello,
has anybody news on this problem?
I have the exactly same problem with my Fireface 802 on MacOs. Discord is not outputting any voice to Totalmix. I have the same issue also with GoToMeeting.
As a workaround I am using my old Behringer Interface as output and connected it to analog-in on my Fireface.

Having the same issue with macOS 11.1 / Discord 0.0.261.

Current workaround is using Discord in a browser.

Under Windows 10 I find GoToMeeting in Chrome unusable with Fireface UCX. The test sound works if I switch the sample rate to 32KHz but the actual meeting audio is unintelligible. I know the original post was for Babyface Pro and Mac but I'm posting here to show it's a wider problem.

Did everyone changed the osx-system audio output from "internal loudspeaker" to interface out1/2 ?

M1-Sonoma, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

Not sure if this is a good work around, but creating a Multi-Output device in Audio MIDI setup with only Babyface Pro selected, and selecting this audio device in discord outputs sound. However it is distorted (unsure what the interaction is there). Adding a audio output above the babyface seems to fix it.

I haven't found a different solution and there seems to be a small population of people having this problem.

Exactly the same problem here, babyface pro fs + macos 10.14.6 + discord 0.0.263

Hey, I've been having this issue for a while as well (after updating to MacOS 11)

I searched more generally for Discord + Audio Interface issues and found this official statement:

https://support.discord.com/hc/en-us/ar … s-on-macOS

This was a while ago, but it looks like it's a Discord issue and there is nothing we can do for now.

Exactly the same problem here, Fireface UCX II + macos 11.7 + discord 0.0.268

Discord's official statement is completely disappointing.

quadrophone wrote:

Exactly the same problem here, Fireface UCX II + macos 11.7 + discord 0.0.268

Discord's official statement is completely disappointing.

I now have the same/similar setup. Fireface UCX II + MacOs 13.3 + discord 0.0.275 and creating a multi-output device in the audio MIDI setup in MacOS and selecting it in discord, as I've described above, seems to fix the issue. I can hear people talk in voice channels

12 (edited by in2muzikk 2023-09-07 11:40:55)

I had the same issue using my Fireface UCX with Discord Voice.  After selecting the Fireface UCX in Discord "Voice and Video," there is no audio.  I tried the workaround above, and it worked, however!  To summarize:

In MacOS, choose Applications > Utilities > Audio Midi Setup
Click "+" on the lower left side to create a new multi output device
Select the device from the available devices on the right hand side by ticking the box next to the device (Fireface UCX for me)
Rename the new multi output device (if desired).  I renamed it as "Discord UCX"

In Discord, User Settings, Voice and Video, select the new multi output device that was created above. 

Now audio is working fine in Discord through the Fireface UCX, and perfect audio quality so far, no dropouts, etc.  I have replied to my support ticket with Discord and gave them this information, so hopefully the issue can be identified, or at least the workaround can be published.