Topic: RME device ordering varies with user login on Win10

I have something like the same issue as
https://forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopic.php?id=31991
That get more than 1 RME card useless:
For me just not USB but PCIe - I really wonder why this "ahersbach" member hasn't got any answer from RME - Is there a major bug in the driver?
For me running 2 RME AIO´s on PCIe the cards changes places in the Global tab of the Hammerfall DSP setting (and in TotalMixer) when a NEW user log on to the machine, so that the card that before was named AIO (1) becomes AIO (2) and visa versa, leaving any mixes or routings made i TotalMix useless if different from Card to Card - THIS new user then can change the order  in the Global tab of the Hammerfall DSP setting, so mixes in TotalMixer are right again, but this only works for this user. As soon as another new user logs in to the machine then the cards are switched again!

I already have emailed RME-support with this information, and even attached a video of what is happening with new users and that was almost a month ago from now, but no reply until I have asked twice more, and then the only answer was: "The Global Tab is a per user setting" !!!

No help or directions to solve the issue!

SO, writing in this forum I hope that someone else have solved this?

It seems clear that when a new user logs in to the machine, then a key set  are created in the registry under
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\RME\hdspsettings\
with the serial numbers of the cards and value 0 for the card called AIO (1) and value 1 for the card called AIO (2) in the Global tab of the Hammerfall DSP setting and in TotalMixer - BUT: in
\HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Software\
There are NO RME folder, thus no hdspsettings !

SO where the entries in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\RME\hdspsettings\ comes from - AND what are the rules for which card should be number 1 and which number 2??
Does anyone have knowlegde about that  or even better - which steps to take to make an initial setup on all machines with 2 RME AIO cards, where the two cards always keeps their internal position as well in the DSP Hammerfall Global tab as in TotalMixer, and that it stays that way for any user who logs on to the machines - without the users has to configure their own settings?

Please respond anyone?

Cards firmware and driver are the latest from december 2020 and OS is Windows 10 Enterprise (1909)

best regards all..

2 (edited by snoskit 2021-01-17 00:01:29)

Re: RME device ordering varies with user login on Win10

My work-round is to save the settings via save workspace, then on new user logon re-order cards (if required) and then load the workspace file.
Don't know of any way to automate this.
That works well enough for me, but I use totalmix in set-and-forget fashion, and only have a limited number of domain accounts that need to access RME equipped machines.

I first encountered the issue with 2x 9632 on W7, few driver versions ago.

Re: RME device ordering varies with user login on Win10

snoskit wrote:

My work-round is to save the settings via save workspace, then on new user logon re-order cards (if required) and then load the workspace file.
Don't know of any way to automate this.

Great - In my Company we have around 1500 users sharing 200-250 machines..