51 (edited by vinark 2021-04-08 16:43:14)

Re: New RME AIO Pro terrible Cubase Performance

Just a FYI, and everybody reading. Motu is pretty good. If there would have been any improvement it would have been in the lower buffer range, like 32 to maybe 128 or 256 samples. Al drivers except the very bad perform good and the same at 1024.

The only things I can think of is that it is either a pcie mobo issue or the driver needs improvement. Or the card and the network are interfering. Are you sure you did not change something in your network? I had samish VEP problems when I put one computer through a different switch by accident. If you still have the motu, try and see if that still works. Might be coincidence, that it happened when changing to rme. Don't worry about having multiple drivers!

Vincent, Amsterdam
https://soundcloud.com/thesecretworld
Babyface pro fs, HDSP9652+ADI-8AE, HDSP9632

I was using the MOTU with no problems, uninstalled the drivers, installed the RME and began testing, couldn´t play the same projects with the RME at 1024/2048/4096, I even got clicks when exporting files. (below 512 no sound and no VU meters movement).

I uninstalled the RME and drivers, installed the MOTU again and it´s working as before, nothing on the network changed, just the swapping of interfaces.

Again, want to thank everybody offering possible causes of the issue, I sure want to get to the bottom of it.

It seems that AIO Pro is not that well optimized as the AIO, as one user has stated, and there must be something off with my setup too.

Not sure what "optimized" refers to, the card does not really have any direct or indirect influence on Cubase performance with regard on plugins or the like, there is nothing to "optimize" to help with that.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

rokatansky wrote:

Hi

Just to mention it I'm a Windows 10 Cubase Pro 11 user and had the RME AIO for a long time and was rock solid allowing me working at even 64 samples buffer.
I switched to the new AIO Pro as soon as I saw it and my Cubase performance has decreased a lot,but I can still work at 256/512 samples so no big deal for me.

So I believe that something's going on with this new card and Cubase Pro 11.
Maybe it requires some driver/flash improvement.

Just my two cents.

I was refering to this user experience about going directly from AIO to AIO Pro and seeing a decrease in performance.

The latest firmware fixed a possible performance issue that was discovered under Linux, but could show up on any platform. Apart from that one card is PCI, one PCIe, so the difference can also be in the motherboard.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

57 (edited by pablo1980 2021-04-08 17:26:38)

MC wrote:

The latest firmware fixed a possible performance issue that was discovered under Linux, but could show up on any platform. Apart from that one card is PCI, one PCIe, so the difference can also be in the motherboard.

isn´t AIO (non pro) PCIe? he doesn´t mention if he changed motherboard

I will see if there is a new firmware available when I reinstall everything.

pablo1980 wrote:

isn´t AIO (non pro) PCIe?

You're right, was thinking about the 9632.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

I have posted in the usb forum but doesn´t hurt to try here.

When troubleshooting my issues I was told that for large sessions, usb (for example Babyface) could be better because it had safety buffers (increasing latency, I know)

I never got a stable enviroment with de AIO, a clean windows install helped but it´s far beyond my old usb interface performance.

So, if I change to a new UCX II which is USB, will it help my problems?
Thanks!

Hi has anyone had an answer to the question about not going below 512 samples? I have used Cubase for over 20 years and RME for nearly 10 years and have used the AIO pro for 6 months without issue until the last few days. I have had a recent project at 48 KHz (as opposed to 44.1) and I believe the issue started when I switched between the 2 sample rates. Exactly the same as referred to above. Even when I restart Cubase 11 with one VST and I have a very powerful Scan PC, with no issues until now. Rebooting solves it but I cannot do that every time as I lose 10 mins and have to reload large projects again. Any help much appreciated. It is not my system - definitely something with the card. Thanks!

For what it's worth, I run aio pro in ableton. When recording I go down to 32 samples 48 khz and it works smoothly. I don't run too large projects but I use a few ableton fx and a handfull of plugins. At 32 samples, cpu(ryzen 9 5900) starts to clip at around 20 channels.

I only have one HDSPe AIO in the computer, but I don't have any latency issues. To measure the  Latency, I can highly recommend the RTL UTILITY. Download Link: https://oblique-audio.com/rtl-utility.php

Another option for low  Latency is to integrate the HDSPe AIO (Pro) into a Dante network. For this you need the driver "Dante Virtual Soundcard" and matching the HDSPe AIO (Pro) a "Neutrik NA2-IO-DLINE" to connect to the Dante network.

Greeting Wolfgang

Curious to know if you have any updates for us after a year and a half Pablo1980

64 (edited by Dobbo79 2022-11-11 00:02:52)

Yes I'd like an update from Pablo1980...

This post ranks highly in Google and doesn't look good for RME or the HDSPe AIO Pro! And no fix posted yet.

As a Cubase 12 user I'm finally getting an AIO Pro on Monday and curious to see results vs my current 9632 which I've been using successfully up to now with a PCI to PCI-E adapter!! ... It's been very impressive, to be honest, but I'm obviously hoping for an improvement in performance.

I'm hoping a firmware or driver update (or cubase update?) fixed the issues in Cubase.... Guess I'll see for myself in a few days.