Re: New RME AIO Pro terrible Cubase Performance

Still the question, what was the buffersize with the MOTU ?

OSX M1, Babyface (soundstudio-to-go), started with PST8, Multiface I, Multiface II, PCIeMadi

I´m with the MOTU again now, I can use it at 1024 with no problems, these are heavy sessions with VEP

The thing is, I couldn´t run one instance of omnisphere at 128 with the RME, so something is off

53 (edited by waedi 2021-04-08 17:18:37)

I think there is something in your computer disturbing the workflow of the audio driver.
And I think it has to do with MOTU because it works fine with it but get in trouble when the Motu device is disconnected.
May be a WDM device needs the motu.
Can WDM devices get switched off for a test ?

OSX M1, Babyface (soundstudio-to-go), started with PST8, Multiface I, Multiface II, PCIeMadi

54 (edited by pablo1980 2021-04-08 17:20:21)

Yes, that is a possibility, I am waiting to finish some work to reinstall windows and perform tests only with motherboard drivers, Cubase and RME drivers installed, and then begin reinstalling all other things to see what happens

This is the hardcore methode. i think it is the best you can do.
For serious computer work, you will be happy having build up from scratch and having all under control.
best wishes.

Thanks, I will update here when I get the results, maybe it helps someone too.

57 (edited by vinark 2021-04-08 17:43:14)

Just a FYI, and everybody reading. Motu is pretty good. If there would have been any improvement it would have been in the lower buffer range, like 32 to maybe 128 or 256 samples. Al drivers except the very bad perform good and the same at 1024.

The only things I can think of is that it is either a pcie mobo issue or the driver needs improvement. Or the card and the network are interfering. Are you sure you did not change something in your network? I had samish VEP problems when I put one computer through a different switch by accident. If you still have the motu, try and see if that still works. Might be coincidence, that it happened when changing to rme. Don't worry about having multiple drivers!

Vincent, Amsterdam
https://soundcloud.com/thesecretworld
Babyface pro fs, HDSP9652+ADI-8AE, HDSP9632

I was using the MOTU with no problems, uninstalled the drivers, installed the RME and began testing, couldn´t play the same projects with the RME at 1024/2048/4096, I even got clicks when exporting files. (below 512 no sound and no VU meters movement).

I uninstalled the RME and drivers, installed the MOTU again and it´s working as before, nothing on the network changed, just the swapping of interfaces.

Again, want to thank everybody offering possible causes of the issue, I sure want to get to the bottom of it.

It seems that AIO Pro is not that well optimized as the AIO, as one user has stated, and there must be something off with my setup too.

Not sure what "optimized" refers to, the card does not really have any direct or indirect influence on Cubase performance with regard o plugins or the like, there is nothing to "optimize" to help with that.

rokatansky wrote:

Hi

Just to mention it I'm a Windows 10 Cubase Pro 11 user and had the RME AIO for a long time and was rock solid allowing me working at even 64 samples buffer.
I switched to the new AIO Pro as soon as I saw it and my Cubase performance has decreased a lot,but I can still work at 256/512 samples so no big deal for me.

So I believe that something's going on with this new card and Cubase Pro 11.
Maybe it requires some driver/flash improvement.

Just my two cents.

I was refering to this user experience about going directly from AIO to AIO Pro and seeing a decrease in performance.

The latest firmware fixed a possible performance issue that was discovered under Linux, but could show up on any platform. Apart from that one card is PCI, one PCIe, so the difference can also be in the motherboard.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

63 (edited by pablo1980 2021-04-08 18:26:38)

MC wrote:

The latest firmware fixed a possible performance issue that was discovered under Linux, but could show up on any platform. Apart from that one card is PCI, one PCIe, so the difference can also be in the motherboard.

isn´t AIO (non pro) PCIe? he doesn´t mention if he changed motherboard

I will see if there is a new firmware available when I reinstall everything.

pablo1980 wrote:

isn´t AIO (non pro) PCIe?

You're right, was thinking about the 9632.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME