Topic: FireFace UFX+: Power Switch & Loopback

Since November 2020 I use the RME FireFace UFX+ as a new AudioInterface. Everything was working fine.

1. Since ~February 2021 I realiszed that the Powerswitch does not work anymore. Fortunately the hardware device stays always ON, but cannot be switched off anymore. Temporarly solution is using an external switchable power supply.
-> This behavior is already reported in this forum. Any ideas regarding RME to solve this? Is it possible to get 1:1 change of the hardware device?

2. Yesterday I noticed another problem:
I'm using loopback on ADAT 1/2 - Some inputs a routed to the loopback, but the ADAT1/2 does not deliver any signal into my DAW or other external Applications (OBS, Skype, etc)
This was working fine before and there were no changes within the setup. I tried to use another loopback (e.g. MADI5/6..) same issue. As shown in TotalMix FX the loopback is getting the signals, but as said before the ADAT 1/2 or MADI 5/6 does not route any signal to the external applications.
I Updated the device to the latest firmware (only DSP part was renewed) - this did not help.
I loaded the factory defaults and created a new setup via TotalMix FX - this did also not help.

Any suggestions what might be wrong?

THX,
KarbaS

Re: FireFace UFX+: Power Switch & Loopback

Contact your local distributor for help and service.

To test loopback simply use the DIGICheck application with its Global ASIO input level meter. BTW, do you have any WDM devices active (set in Settings dialog)? Without them loopback to WDM can't work...

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Hi,
thx for reply.

Yes, the loopback is sent to WDM. At initial setup I followed the great and detailed Youtube instructions from RME. And as mentioned before - this was working well until a couple of days ago.

WDM Output device = Analog 3/4
WDM Input device  = ADAT 1/2

The Windoof internal Soundcheck is saying "no signal". During lessons via Browser (Jitsy) / Skype I could always chose "ADAT 1/2" as Mic-Source. Now it's not accessible.
In Cubase I have a "channel" linked to ADAT 1/2 as input source -> No Signal
Direct Input's (Analog Input, Mic Preamps, etc. from Interface)  are all working in Cubase

It could also be a problem of Windoof regarding the WDM Management.
To avoid that, I even uninstalled the driver and re-installed it (with the several reboots) No chance to get the loopback running...

That's why I'm asking the "world" - if there is a known issue smile

Greets,
KarbaS

Congratulations to myself!

The loopback issue is solved - There must have been a weird MS Update which resetted my global privacy settings of the operating system.
Windoof 10 had cut away the "Right to use the microphone"

Since the Loopback (ADAT 1/2) is a "Microphone" internally - nothing happened

Damn it...folks: Always watch out the Windows Updates and what they're doing!

------ no Apple / Microsoft jokes allowed ------

Now there's only the issue regarding the powerswitch left. I will contact my local distributor

GReetz,
KarbaS