Topic: Automatic SMUX

Hi,

I replaced my Digiface USB with a Raydat and have some questions regarding clocking/syncing:

- When I go 88.2 or 96k I have to set my converter manually to SMUX. Is it normal that there is no „signaling“ of SMUX? I looked in the manuals of Raydat, Digiface, Pulse16 (my converter) and other random converters/interfaces that came to mind, nowhere is it mentioned that you have to set SMUX manually except for the manual of the Dangerous Covert 8. So I guess it is due to ADAT,  but I want to make sure.

- I have a tc clarity audio meter hooked up to SPDIF out (coax). I am not getting a „sync“ reading in the Raydat settings, probably because it’s an output, is that right? I only ask because I got such a reading with the Digiface and SPDIF optical, so I thought there may be some information going bidirectional. The tc meter works as expected and syncs to the correct SR.

Cheers
Vincent

Re: Automatic SMUX

The Sync (or Lock ) is an 'incoming' information only.

Some devices (many from RME) include an inofficial way to signal 96 kHz via S/MUX2. Like the RayDAT...
So in many other cases a manual change is required.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Re: Automatic SMUX

Thanks, I guess the Pulse doesn't understand the signal then.

Another thing: There is only an old Mac version of DigiCheck listed in the Raydat download section, is it supposed to be like that? 5.93 seems to work fine here on Windows.

Lastly I have a feature request (not specific to Raydat): A dedicated Loopback output/bus (whatever you want to call it). In my setup I need to route the computer audio into my DAW for processing and listen back to it, which means I have to give up one hardware output for that. A dedicated "virtual" Loopback output would free up that hw output. That would be great!