Topic: I'm so confused. Totalmix doesn't show up in the win10 task tray

OK So I installed both the firmware update and the driver for my Fireface UCX. I've done this half a dozen times and have never had any problem.

On a machine I don't think I'd ever installed it to - I made it special purpose for my current time in life - I ran through both the firmware update and the driver installer. The driver installer told me to reboot and the firmware updater told me to manually power cycle the device. I did both. Upon reboot, there's no way to access Totalmix. If I search for Totalmix in Windows, it only gives me the option for Totalmix Remote, which I don't need (I just want the regular plain old local mode Totalmix - please let me know if there is some fundamental misunderstanding here).

I'm going to keep working at it, but jeez can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong? In the past, there were two little icons in the task tray for the mixer and the settings. There's nothing!

2 (edited by kbcat1 2021-05-10 02:10:34)

Re: I'm so confused. Totalmix doesn't show up in the win10 task tray

OK Guess What Compatriots?

Listen up, because this could happen to you! LOL

If at some point in your life, you disabled the windows startup Totalmix program, even if you install the latest version of driver software/firmware, the act of installation does not reactivate Totalmix in the list of programs that start when windows starts. You have to go in there in the startup apps list and manually check the box. OK If I were RME, I would have the installation wizard check the registry to see what's up (question: is the totalmix app configured to run on startup?) and then query the user about what they want to do if there is some remnant of a past decision which determines whether or not the app runs! LOL I mean is this just so funny or what. It was an intense hour for me. LOL

EDIT: don't forget also the Fireface Settings app! it also needs to be enabled (the one with the flames icon)

OK.. Moving on--->

Glad to read you found the solution.
If you like to have a keyboard-shortcut to open or close Totalmix, here is a great post with a methode :
https://forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopic.ph … 25#p170225

M1-Sonoma, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

Thanks, I used to use AutoHotKey for things in the past. It's not so bad to click on the task tray icon though, at least at the level I'm at wink

The manual https://www.rme-audio.de/downloads/fface_uc_e.pdf is very detailed and thorough, explain quite a lot I didn't know I needed to know. I'm not sure how it compares to older revisions - I never actually read the hard manual, but it's around here somewhere. ANyway I'm liking it!