Topic: Fireface 400 I cant install on win 10 HELP ME

I want to install my fireface 400 on a new pc with win10, download the most current driver and I do not see the driver installed anywhere or the asio driver in any daw, therefore, even if I connect the interface and turn on, I cannot use it, what can I do ?

Re: Fireface 400 I cant install on win 10 HELP ME

Which driver did you install? Please provide more details about the hardware setup also.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Driver_fw_win_3125.zip It is the most current that I found in the
website that i download and install

I just bought a RME fireface400 and I see that it has been a problem to install it on 2 PCs that I have, I already download the most current driver, install the driver, restart, connect the interface and I do not see anything new hardware found or in any daw me The driver appears rme so only the interface is on but I can't do more, what can I do? the cable works in the 2 pc testing it with other firewire devices and the 2 pci e cards that I have firewire work correctly I know that the problem is with the installation when wanting to uninstall the driver it does not even appear in the uninstall programs section in the 2 pc, thank you very much if you help me get it started, greetings!

Then most probably the FireWire port on the used unit that you bought is defective...

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

The firewire ports work well in the 2 cpu since I have a digi003 console and it works without problem, and the rme fireface400 when connecting it to any port if it turns on but no computer detects it and I already tried to connect it in the 2 connectors that the RME has And the same thing happens, I read on the internet that the same thing happens to several

6 (edited by vinark 2021-07-01 17:02:00)

Although MC might be right and the firewire ports on the RME are defect and not the firewire ports of your computer, you could look in device manager and see if there is an unknown device. If yes, then try to install the legacy FireWire driver from Microsoft. Google legacy FireWire driver, sometimes called for win 8.1 and read instructions carefully and install. It is not self installing so do read the how to!

Vincent, Amsterdam
https://soundcloud.com/thesecretworld
BFpro fs, 2X HDSP9652 ADI-8AE, 2X HDSP9632