Topic: MADIface PRO with SPL MADISON and how to integrate an SPDIF unit..?

Hello, I'm using my MADIfcae PRO with a SPL MADISON.
Now i want to integrate an ADI2 FS, too.
How is it possible to use an ADI2 FS together with the MADISON and the MADIface PRO?

Thank you for helping.

2 (edited by ramses 2021-08-01 18:10:34)

Re: MADIface PRO with SPL MADISON and how to integrate an SPDIF unit..?

Hi Michael,

how are you ? I do not understand what you want to achieve with it. For what use case / connection ?
You already have a 16-channel AD/DA converter with the SPL Madison.

I could think of that you want to integrate the ADI-2 FS in the hope that it enhances D/A quality for e.g. connecting your monitors and phones. But .. the MADIface Pro does not offer another digital I/O port to connect the ADI-2 FS digitally...

I went through your other postings and notice that you needed a lot of analog ports and also a few good preamps.

I would recommend you the combination of UFX+ and SPL Madison via MADI.
You can either sell the MADIface Pro for a good price (usually around 75% of Street price) or keep it for mobile use.

The UFX+ gives you
- MADI
- Flexibility in connecting to the computer: USB3, TB and even USB2 (then without MADI)
- four very nice Mic inputs that can also be used as line and instr inputs
- 8 more analog inputs and outputs independend of sample rate
- two excellent phones outputs
- DURec, Autoset, FX, stand-alone operation through display, direct connector for ARC USB
- AES and 2x ADAT where ADAT2 can be set to optical SPDIF
- all very compact in one rack unit, you can rack it together with your SPL, use a rack of 3 RUs for better airflow

And if you want the unique features of an ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, then you can add it at any time later and you have two ADAT ports and AES to connect it to the UFX+.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Hi ramses,
my idea is:
I record usually between 2-16 tracks and I mix in the box but I also sum 8 analog stereo tracks through my SSL X-Desk.
And AFTER that analogue summing I want the best DA-converter (in my price range...), which is the ADI2 FS to record the mix again. So, there is no other chance...? I heard of sth like using 2 (or even more) converters/interfaces which you can combine to ONE virtual one in Mac OS. But I dont know if this really works and if the clocks etc are still good.
What do you think? Or is the ADI2 FS converter not a big differene to the MADISON internal ones? Thank you, Michael

4 (edited by ramses 2021-08-01 18:45:03)

You might have noticed that the ADI-2 FS has no USB connection, so you can't make an aggregate device.

So the problem remains .. where do you want to connect the ADI-2 FS digitally ?!
Not possible, neither on the MADIface Pro, nor on the SPL Madison.

I repeat my proposal, sell MADIface Pro, get UFX+, then you do not need an ADI-2 FS. UFX+'s converters are well enough.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13