Topic: Are RME UFX 1/4" inputs still available w ADAT Mic Preamps connected?

I'm using an Audient ASP880 ( 8 channel mic pre). Can I assign the Audient to send to channels 13-20 so I can use all 12 inputs of the UFX with the Audient for 20 simultaneous tracks of recording? ?  I'm trying to figure out the best way to set it up the UFX with the Audient. I have two ADAT cables connected between the two as well as a word clock cable.

Re: Are RME UFX 1/4" inputs still available w ADAT Mic Preamps connected?

And where is the problem now ?
You have apparently already done everything right. TOSLINK cabling, Word Clock (probably UFX as clock master and Audiot gets clock from Word clock).

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

I'm not sure. I feel like a dummy, I can't get signal into logic. I think its a word clock issue. I'm either too tired or I changed a setting trying to get a signal. I'll try again. in the morning.

I would start with 1 TOSLINK cable at single speed (44.1/48 kHz).
From Audient ADAT OUT 1..8 to UFX ADAT1 IN.
UFX: should you have used ADAT2 IN you need to take care that the setting of this port is for ADAT protocol (not SPDIF, it's switchable only for the port ADAT2). I would use ADAT1 IN, to get it working with 1 TOSLINK cable regardless of this switch in the driver settings.
On the UFX in the driver settings configure: Clock Source = "internal"
On the Audient configure the device to use Word Clock.

If you see no mic signal in TM FX .. then try the other cable.
BTW: you can validate TOSLINK cables by plugging a loop on the UFX between e.g. ADAT1 IN and ADAT1 OUT.
Watch status in the driver settings at the bottom, whether the status changes to "synch".

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Great info thank you.

https://forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopic.php?id=27952

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME