1 (edited by Thermaltake 2021-08-22 16:43:43)

Topic: Warranty question

Hi, my local store offers 2 year warranty for RME UCX II for around 1530$ and in thomann where I can get 3 year warranty is offering UCX II for 1560$. My question is should I save 30$ and buy one with 2 year warranty or spend 30$ more and get 3 year warranty.
I had a lot of RME products before and I don't remember that any of them failed after 5+ years of every day use, that's why I ask this question in first place. Any help to clear my dilemma big_smile

Re: Warranty question

I would take the 3 years. You never know.
You don't have family members in Switzerland ?
Here it's 1366.-CHF at Thomann, if you want to safe 200.- ?
Only delivery time is yet unknown.

M1-Sonoma, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

1366 CHF are 1491 $. 39$ saved with zero advantage compared to being able getting support from a local store.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

4 (edited by Thermaltake 2021-08-25 06:04:25)

MC what do you say 3 year vs 2 year and save 30$ ?

anyone ?

My take is that an extra year of warranty is well worth an extra $30

If you are in the US, consider the extra cost for shipping, possibly even customs hassles ...
What doesn't fail within the first two years will likely remain intact for three also....

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

RME Support wrote:

If you are in the US, consider the extra cost for shipping, possibly even customs hassles ...
What doesn't fail within the first two years will likely remain intact for three also....

Except HP printer wink Three days after the 2y were over wink

I would also prefer shipping within a country for the mentioned reasons ...

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

9 (edited by Thermaltake 2021-09-02 06:19:36)

RME Support wrote:

I am in Croatia, and shipping from thomann (Germany) is free when price is over €298. So no vat or any of that things.