1 (edited by lmorendain 2021-10-05 00:55:30)

Topic: Automatic zero or low latency on Babyface with DAW question?

Hi all,

Just a quick newbie question smile

On my Cubase, there is a speaker symbol for DAW monitors on each audio track. When I turn this on or off, does my RME recognize this and go off and on as well so I don’t a double reference which creates a chorusing effect?

I was looking for a switch on my Babyface for a Zero Latency mode on and off and haven’t found one. I assume therefore it is automatic?

If it is automatic (I do hear a sound even without the audio monitor in Cubase activated), if the monitor in Cubase is off, is this zero latency? Or is this low latency? Why I ask is that I understand that Zero Latency doesn’t add on to the PC’s CPU load. If it is Low Latency, then that is where the buffer setting on the PC comes in.

Having said that, when I have the audio track monitor in Cubase turned on, I am very impressed. I have the buffer set at 128 and I could go one more higher and am still ok. Nonissues with latency.

Thanks in advance!

Babyface Pro FS, Cubase Elements 10, Windows 10, Yamaha HS8 & HS8S, electric/acoustic guitarist

Re: Automatic zero or low latency on Babyface with DAW question?

Google for ASIO Direct Monitoring or ADM, and check the Options in TotalMix - it's on by default.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Thanks! I checked out ADM and learned a good bit!

Appreciate the help!

Babyface Pro FS, Cubase Elements 10, Windows 10, Yamaha HS8 & HS8S, electric/acoustic guitarist

Watch out if enabling from Cubase as if you then try to put an inline plugin in Cubase it won’t work with direct monitoring as Cubase is bypassed. Also the direct monitoring is only for audio inputs. If you think it will give lower latency on vst instruments it won’t as this is different.

Babyface Pro Fs, Behringer ADA8200, win 10/11 PCs, Cubase/Wavelab, Adam A7X monitors.

Thanks MKok!

Got it! So no effects from Cubase. ADM is great! I like the convenience of having to stay in one area but then again, because of TotalMix Remote, good to have options now.

I saw a post from Youtube. A guy had a great workaround the no effect thing. Create an extra track say with just reverb set 100% wet then adjust reverb track volume to taste. Very creative!

I don’t use the direct monitoring in Cubase. I just use TotalMix to do it and if it’s a singer I can add reverb or delay within TotalMix which is latency free. It just seemed easier that way as I don’t like the way Cubase controls TotalMix.

Babyface Pro Fs, Behringer ADA8200, win 10/11 PCs, Cubase/Wavelab, Adam A7X monitors.