Topic: Routing to computer based convolution software

Is it possible to set up Fireface UFX | Total Mix to route a hardware input (e.g., AES) to a USB-attached Windows computer for processing and then back to the UFX via USB with the signal output via the analog outputs to speakers? The reason for the question is that I'd like to use computer-based convolution for speaker crossovers.

Re: Routing to computer based convolution software

What is there to be routed? Isn't this a normal / standard record / playback situation?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

MC wrote:

What is there to be routed? Isn't this a normal / standard record / playback situation?

I’m attempting to get a h/w input out to a software package running on the computer hosting TotalMix so that I can convolve the signal.

4 (edited by waedi 2021-10-22 09:24:46)

andrew wrote:

I’m attempting to get a h/w input out to a software package running on the computer hosting TotalMix so that I can convolve the signal.

You are not speaking of two computers, one with the interface and Totalmix and a second computer with that convolution software ?

If all is in one computer then it is very easy.
No routing needed for the hardware input signal.
As you can see the signal in Totalmix hardware input, the signal is already available for your software.
The software must have an options menu where you have to select the input channel.

Only the output of the software has to be routed to the speakers.
In Totalmix you should see the signal from the software in the middle row (software playback channels).
Route it to the speakers.

M1-Sequoia, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue