Topic: Windows 11 insider - HDSPE AIO PRO Audio deterioration

Hi, I'm a Windows 11 insider.

I'm reporting a problem in Windows 11 where audio will gradually deteriorate, the volume goes lower, centre channel seems to disappear and there's weird warble (like low bitrate audio) until the audio has nearly gone. Occasionally it will go back to normal, but, gradually happens again.

Watching Youtube with Edge definitely triggers it, as well as gaming like Call of Duty Cold War.

The only way to fix it is to go into Totalmix and move the main volume slider to maximum and minimum, then, back to desired volume. However, within an hour it's corrupted again. Changing rate and asio latency doesn't fix it.

Device is running firmware 21, latest driver.

This bug once triggered also affects Reaper, so, it seems to be a system-wide problem.

2 (edited by Tiggerdyret 2021-11-02 14:12:59)

Re: Windows 11 insider - HDSPE AIO PRO Audio deterioration

I have this problem on Windows 10 as well, so it has nothing to do with upgrading to 11. As far as I understand this is a widespread problem and RME refuses to do anything about it as they blame the users and Windows. I fix it by picking the laptop audio and switching back to Windows, but sometimes the problem is back in as short as 20 minutes. I've never had a problem on desktop, but my laptop is unusable with my Babyface Pro.

Re: Windows 11 insider - HDSPE AIO PRO Audio deterioration

Agreed, I have no issues with the AIO Pro card after migrating to Windows 11.