Topic: Option to exclude Volume from Setup

Hello, I am using Setup store and load function to change functions not available with Remote - Width and MS processing while mixing. So I need to listen to my prod as stereo and then as mid-side with the same volume. But if I change the volume in current setup the next setup I use will be loaded up with the stored volume. Could you please add an option to exclude the volume parameter from storing/loading with setup?

ADI-2 Pro FS R BE

2 (edited by ramses 2021-12-18 14:10:36)

Re: Option to exclude Volume from Setup

+1. Very good indeed, like it's possible in TM FX when restoring snapshots.
Would make it even much easier to change volume levels when comparing different DA filters by restoring different setups.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Absolutely love the latest firmware update! Thanks you guys for the Line/Digital and Volume!

ADI-2 Pro FS R BE

4 (edited by beat8000 2021-12-24 15:33:30)

I also appreciate the new firmware with this sophisticated Volume option.

The only issue is that I need to press the encoder 2 twice to jump to the right line and start the load of the setup with a third press after choosing the relevant setup with the encoder 1. Formerly I could press the encoder 2 only once for my rather frequent setup changes.
I suggest to activate the new setup with a long press of 2 or more seconds maybe as an alternative

Win10 Pro, ADI-2 Pro, Basis 1, Adam A3X; RL 906; Grace M902B, Glockenklang Bugatti, Strauss SE-NF-3

beat8000 wrote:

The only issue is that I need to press the encoder 2 twice to jump to the right line and start the load of the setup with a third press after choosing the relevant setup with the encoder 1. Formerly I could press the encoder 2 only once for my rather frequent setup changes.
I suggest to activate the new setup with a long press of 2 or more seconds maybe as an alternative

You could / should have participated in the pre-test to give early feedback before everything has been finalized (development, firmware, quality tests, manual, maybe even video, ..) wink

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

6 (edited by beat8000 2021-12-24 16:16:13)

ramses wrote:
beat8000 wrote:

You could / should have participated in the pre-test to give early feedback before everything has been finalized (development, firmware, quality tests, manual, maybe even video, ..) wink

I have participated in the pre test and I have noticed a bug but this new function was not part of the pretest.

Win10 Pro, ADI-2 Pro, Basis 1, Adam A3X; RL 906; Grace M902B, Glockenklang Bugatti, Strauss SE-NF-3

beat8000 wrote:
ramses wrote:
beat8000 wrote:

I have participated in the pre test and I have noticed a bug but this new function was not part of the pretest.

Aaaah ;-)

8 (edited by Johannes AU 2021-12-24 16:39:03)

beat8000 wrote:
ramses wrote:
beat8000 wrote:

Don't worry, due to the time limit because of Christmas, the RME team has to stop, but for sure they will polish the firmware to perfection.

Same applies to the new Digital DC protection, I encountered it and raise a question, KaiS do not like how it works and now changed at the final version, so RME is reading and listening to us.

I only suggest the Orange be more Orange, now it is Orange smile

Pacifist, dumb, not stupid
Listen music out from a box which sounds
Reading words on paper/ screen

9 (edited by beat8000 2021-12-24 16:45:43)

This would be great because I'm mainly using only few of the existing functions of my ADI-2 Pro AE which means e.g. no EQ, no recordings etc.. However changing the setups is one of my mostly used functions.

Why don't you change the Setups via Remap Keys or Remote? No need to enter the menu at all!

This new Do not load option gave us headaches where to put it. There seems to be no better solution than what we have now.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

11 (edited by beat8000 2021-12-24 23:23:46)

MC wrote:

Why don't you change the Setups via Remap Keys or Remote? No need to enter the menu at all!

This new Do not load option gave us headaches where to put it. There seems to be no better solution than what we have now.

Ok, Remap Keys would be my only solution because my Adi-2 Pro AE has no remote. I would need at least 4 stored setups to choose from.
Additionally I would have to enter these remaps in all these setups because at the moment the remaps are overwritten with the changed setup.

What do you think about my suggestion of a "longpress to activate another setup" with the new solution? Maybe as an alternative?
My idea is to set the exclude option once to off or on for all setups and confirm the load of another setup with a longpress of the encoder 2.

12 (edited by KaiS 2021-12-25 09:32:05)

beat8000 wrote:

I would need at least 4 stored setups to choose from.
Additionally I would have to enter these remaps in all these setups because at the moment the remaps are overwritten with the changed setup.

The key remaps aren’t overwritten, but part of the Setups.

This way you can, i.e. toggle between 2 Setups with the same key by mapping differently.
Example:
In Setup1 KeyX loads Setup2
In Setup2 KeyX loads Setup1

This scheme could be extended, so multiple presses on KeyX steps through a number of Setups.

13 (edited by beat8000 2021-12-25 18:45:33)

KaiS wrote:
beat8000 wrote:

I would need at least 4 stored setups to choose from.

The key remaps aren’t overwritten, but part of the Setups.

Yes, this is clear for me. What I meant is that the remaps are overwritten until I enter them in all the relevant setups.

Thank you for your help, I have just done the following changes:
Pressing EQ will load Setup4 in Setup3, Setup5 in Setup4, Setup6 in Setup5, Setup3 in Setup6

Edit: I'm just changing the remaps to the following entries:

Pressing Vol     will load Setup3 in all relevant setups
Pressing I/O     will load Setup4 in all relevant setups
Pressing EQ      will load Setup5 in all relevant setups
Pressing Setup  will load Setup6 in all relevant setups