1 (edited by Rev2010 2022-02-20 18:21:13)

Topic: Why doesn't mute work at all?

I have the Babyface Pro FS and yesterday was testing a new microphone. I noticed that no matter even if I mute every single input/output I still hear the mic through my headphones. Doesn't matter if I have Cubase open or not. I also noticed the channel slider doesn't raise or lower the monitoring volume unless I click the "T" trim button.

I've had the Babyface for a while now, been working great as the interface for my guitar, I don't use mics too often. I came from a Mackie Onyx and with that mixer/interface the mute button mutes the mic. I tried everything I could think of in Total Mix and it seems like the mute/solo buttons don't actually do anything and that any channel levels & panning also only ever do anything when I engage the "T" trim button.

Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong without saying to read the manual? Outside of those issues I'm able to use the monitoring effects with no issue at all, love them! At one point though I clicked something and I wasn't getting FX anymore then realized the return knob got turned all the way down lol.

Re: Why doesn't mute work at all?

When Mute and Solo don't work on an input then the Mute and Solo Master button are not pressed. Top right in TM FX.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

3 (edited by Rev2010 2022-02-21 18:13:42)

Re: Why doesn't mute work at all?

MC wrote:

When Mute and Solo don't work on an input then the Mute and Solo Master button are not pressed. Top right in TM FX.

Thank you thank you thank you!!! That's what I was missing. Very much appreciated smile

BTW I have cousins in Deutschland, one is named Matthias and the other is named Carsten.