Topic: Do not waste your money on LPS

I have read a lot of post or comment about LPS is not improving any sound quality. But sometime you need to try it yourself to get the final answer.

I have a chance to buy a 2nd LPS which only cost around $40, soI take it for testing.
The result is nothing significantly changed.(sorry I don’t have any tools for measurement). The only advantage is upgrading the DC cable to a better looking one, that’s it, nothing more.
So, if you are expecting a sound upgrade from LPS, please don’t waste your money and time.

Re: Do not waste your money on LPS

Large Pizza Slice?

3 (edited by KaiS 2022-02-25 06:49:39)

john34 wrote:

Large Pizza Slice?

Linear Power Supply, opposed to Switched Power Supply.

Stupid thread. A 40 bucks LPS led to this Dunning Kruger type confident conclusion. Get something proper like MCRU (12 volts) and it makes an audible difference. Irrelevant what the founder of RME says, etc.

RMENoob wrote:

Stupid thread. A 40 bucks LPS led to this Dunning Kruger type confident conclusion. Get something proper like MCRU (12 volts) and it makes an audible difference. Irrelevant what the founder of RME says, etc.

In an earlier thread you did not notice that the ADI-2 DAC was set to mono, so there is that for detection of audible differences. roll

https://forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopic.php?id=34276