Topic: Totalmix fx browser based version, is it possible?

Would it be possible to make a browser based version of Totalmix fx? Of course, I'm looking for Linux usability if it works with Class compliant drivers. But on the other hand, it would work on all other platforms as well. It could be alongside the native Totalmix fx as an alternative for mac an windows as well.

It could be some kind of solution for all of us. And as an entry route for Linux users to the RME world.

But probably the idea will be shot down here right away. Life is expensive and so on. smile

Windows 10, Mixbus 32c v7.xx, Fireface UFX+ &  AvLinux MXE, Mixbus 32C v7.xx,  Fireface 802,

Re: Totalmix fx browser based version, is it possible?

Other manufacturers of reasonable quality audio interfaces have made a browser interface for their hardware/software which work well with Linux.  I am unaware of any design impediment in Fireface units that would preclude a browser interface for Totalmix.  It appears that RME simply does not wish to invest the time and money to create any Linux-compatible solution for its products.
I have 2 Fireface 802 units.  The Fireface 802 does not have satisfactory performance under Linux, even in Class Compliant Mode.
One of my Windows 7 computers recently had a hardware issue.  I needed to reactivate Windows 7.  Neither the original Windows 7 key, nor a brand new, genuine and unused Windows 7 with new key would activate.  Bottom line - unlike previous versions of Windows that would continue to activate after Microsoft support stopped, Windows 7 will not reactivate.  In essence, Microsoft has found a way to deprive purchasers of that which they purchased.   I have left the captivity of the Microsoft Windows merry-go-round and found the freedom that users of Linux enjoy.  However, my Fireface 802 units no longer have adequate performance.  It is unfortunate that a manufacturer of fine audio hardware/software such as RME has chosen to ignore its users of Linux.

Re: Totalmix fx browser based version, is it possible?

The train is already moving and RME is not on board. Pride precedes falling.

Windows 10, Mixbus 32c v7.xx, Fireface UFX+ &  AvLinux MXE, Mixbus 32C v7.xx,  Fireface 802,