Topic: 2 Raydat Cards possible?

Hi, I've searched a lot but couldn't find the answer to this:

Can I cascade 2 Raydat cards? I'm running out of ins and outs...

I would go with an external device as well but then it's higher latencies as far as I'm aware...

Also, does anyone have a good recommendation for good adat converters with multiple (8 or 16) ins and/or outs? Not looking for cheap stuff like Behringer...

Thanks!

Re: 2 Raydat Cards possible?

Yes, this works, the driver theoretically supports up to 6 cards.

The market for converters like that seems fairly small these days.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Thank you a lot, and I already built it in. Works fine except for the strange problem I will open a new thread for (signal from one adat source feeds into another).

Can you perhaps elaborate very briefly on why not many people want these converters? How else would I connect more than 4 or 8 sound generators? And the raydat doesn't even have analog in/out (not more than 2 anyway).

I wasn't commenting on the buyers' side, just on the fact that there seem to be relatively few simple 8-channel AD/DA converters out there these days.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

5 (edited by ramses 2022-06-09 16:17:24)

https://www.thomann.de/de/digitalwandle … ilter=true

If you want not the worst, you need to consider Ferrofish, around €1000.

In this case an alternative would have been to consider an UFX II, then you have already 8 analog inputs and the 4 mic inputs can also be used for Instr or Line. Alternatively UFX+ if you want to have options to expand.

Because Ferrofish and RayDAT cost around €15xx.

With the UFX II/+ you would have had also excellent mic preamps and features like Autoset and DURec.

Additionally the advantage of USB being able to connect the recording interface to a lot of different computers.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13