Re: ADI-2/4 Prototyp

will there be another filter similar to the SD LD in the new ADI-2/4? I think this was a good compromise and sounds very good too.

http://archimago.blogspot.com/2018/01/m … lters.html

For example, the NOS filter could be replaced, I doubt that a mastering engineer uses a NOS filter.

technically doable in a firmware update to current ESS based DAC as well.

103 (edited by KaiS 2022-06-15 00:49:57)

Schleichhörnchen wrote:

... And don't forget, Audiophiles hear the things we didn't while we recorded it. ...

I by myself do hear things later on when listening at home, that I didn’t hear in the studio - for the good or the bad.

This is why we usually have an “evaluation” phase, do changes and corrections, before release.

Every pair of speakers or headphones sounds different - for everyone - giving a different perspective on the same recording.
It’s a process, artists tend to focus on their own performance, audio engineers keep an eye on the whole picture, this all goes hand in hand.

hasan.ay386 wrote:

will there be another filter similar to the SD LD in the new ADI-2/4? I think this was a good compromise and sounds very good too.

http://archimago.blogspot.com/2018/01/m … lters.html

For example, the NOS filter could be replaced, I doubt that a mastering engineer uses a NOS filter.

The ESS chip allows to load custom DA-filters into the chip (which RME already does), so the number of filter options isn’t limited.

NOS is an interesting approach, BTW, as a reference for “almost no filter”.

ESS has SD LD as well. They call it Hybrid Fast Roll Off Filter.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Sooo, is the price still a secret? I am basically ready to pull the trigger on an ADI-2 Pro FS, but the possibility to connect monitors, headphones and sub is actually what I am looking for. Exactly what the 2/4 offers.

@MC. Whats our savings goal? big_smile

Too late for requsts perhaps.

1. Will PSU have battery drive?
3. Are there gonna be multiple outputs for PSU?
2. Will 2/4 se come in silver/blue?

ADI-2 DAC, ADI-2 PRO, DigifaceUSB, UCXII, ARC, HEGEL.h80, KEF.ls50, HD650, ie400pro _,.\''/.,_

107 (edited by Babaluma 2022-06-22 21:41:24)

vB wrote:

Sooo, is the price still a secret? I am basically ready to pull the trigger on an ADI-2 Pro FS, but the possibility to connect monitors, headphones and sub is actually what I am looking for. Exactly what the 2/4 offers.

Exactly the same here, I'm gonna wait instead of grabbing the ADI-2 Pro FS, but would just be nice to know a firm ETA and price ASAP.

http://hermetechmastering.com

I would expect a jump in price from pro. Its got higher spec and the inflation times weare in will probably have a say. If you follow prices on ADI-2 dac/pro and everything else for that matter. Price up for pro is €50 and dac €2-300 +/-. Its not getting any cheaper no.

ADI-2 DAC, ADI-2 PRO, DigifaceUSB, UCXII, ARC, HEGEL.h80, KEF.ls50, HD650, ie400pro _,.\''/.,_

Happy_amateur wrote:

@MC. Whats our savings goal? big_smile

Too late for requsts perhaps.

3. Are there gonna be multiple outputs for PSU?

That would be great!

110 (edited by vB 2022-06-23 20:52:41)

Happy_amateur wrote:

I would expect a jump in price from pro. Its got higher spec and the inflation times weare in will probably have a say. If you follow prices on ADI-2 dac/pro and everything else for that matter. Price up for pro is €50 and dac €2-300 +/-. Its not getting any cheaper no.

2k-ish would be awesome, but I doubt that. But the more it’s leaning towards 3k, the more it’s entering Avocet territory, which is a whole nother beast, of course (if it will ever be available again). Pro FS is probably simply the best bang for the buck. Almost ordering… smile

vB wrote:
Happy_amateur wrote:

2k-ish would be awesome, but I doubt that. But the more it’s leaning towards 3k, the more it’s entering Avocet territory, which is a whole nother beast, of course (if it will ever be available again). Pro FS is probably simply the best bang for the buck. Almost ordering… smile

I dont want to speculate too much. Ppl should do what they think and feel for themself. I for shure would like the new products, and I have 100% confidence in MC and his crew to make it worth the wait. These are though times for consumers and producers, so ill hope we will all come out OK.

My humble wishes about the future of the device, if it is still possible.
1) Make 2 analog inputs combined with microphone and instrument inputs with phantom power.
2) Totalmix support. But if the first point can exist without Totalmix, I can live without it)

It would be the perfect device for me. With these features, I'm even willing to pay $3,000 for the device. I don't want to buy an additional audio interface, for example UCX II, just because of the presence of 2 microphone and instrument inputs, it's not practical and just not convenient for portability.

saturosstudio wrote:

My humble wishes about the future of the device, if it is still possible.
1) Make 2 analog inputs combined with microphone and instrument inputs with phantom power.
2) Totalmix support. But if the first point can exist without Totalmix, I can live without it)

It would be the perfect device for me. With these features, I'm even willing to pay $3,000 for the device. I don't want to buy an additional audio interface, for example UCX II, just because of the presence of 2 microphone and instrument inputs, it's not practical and just not convenient for portability.

Get the Babyface pro FS. It is and sounds perfect.

Vincent, Amsterdam
https://soundcloud.com/thesecretworld
Babyface pro fs, HDSP9652+ADI-8AE, HDSP9632

vinark wrote:

Get the Babyface pro FS. It is and sounds perfect.

this is again an additional device only because of the inputs. And if I need to buy an additional headphone amplifier, it will already be the 3rd device in the circuit. I understand that a good headphone amplifier is limited by the compact size of the device, but it is possible to implement combined analog inputs. I want everything to be in one portable device, and not to carry 3 devices with a bunch of wires, although everything can perform 1 or 2 maximum

I definitely wouldn't want cheap mic pres and DIs added to it, increasing the cost. I'm happy with my Chandler TG2, thank you very much. It's not supposed to be an all in one device. There are loads of those out there already.

http://hermetechmastering.com

Will it be possible to feed the two DACs with independent digital sources and yet control the master volume for all of them at the same time? I think of something like connecting a miniDSP SHD studio with all 4 digital output channels to the RME (e.g. Channels 1/2 by SPDIF and Channels 3/4 by AES-EBU to RME) and then use its extended functions like loudness, filters before DA conversion?

If I use this and connect my analog mastering chain, would I be able to monitor my digital in coming back out from my daw after it going through the RME and not the actual chain? I still do some processing in the daw after the RME A to D

It would be cool to be able to add VST plugins on the inputs in total mix it would be a mastering beast

Of course I meant the BF pro FS as a one stop solution. Dac, mic pre and headphones amp. All 3 are excellent. Thinking you will hear any difference with other RME gear is simply not realistic. Of course heavily coloured mic pre will sound different by design.

Vincent, Amsterdam
https://soundcloud.com/thesecretworld
Babyface pro fs, HDSP9652+ADI-8AE, HDSP9632

119 (edited by ramses Yesterday 17:51:52)

HouseMusic101 wrote:

It would be cool to be able to add VST plugins on the inputs in total mix it would be a mastering beast

TM FX won't get any VST support, has been discussed already on forum.
A 3rd party VST can impact stability, this is not wanted in TM FX.
You can do this easily in the DAW.

Alternatively get a plugin host like e.g. LiveProfessor
https://audiostrom.com/
See also this RME Essentials video: "VST Plugins in TotalMix with LiveProfessor "
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQ95oc6zO3w

BR Ramses
UFX+, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1650v4, Win10Pro21H2, Cub12Pro

120 (edited by ning Yesterday 17:56:17)

Babyface Pro FS is fantastic if you want line out, mic in and hp amp.

the babyface Pro FS hp amp works for 95% of the headphones, and if you don't use it for highly sensitive or power hungry phones you will be fine.
for many of the outliers, even the ADI-2 Pro struggle with the noise level. That's why I don't use it with IEMs.

You also don't get the ADI-2 Pro experience (crossfeed, 7band eq, loudness) though. but you'll have TMFX

> Thinking you will hear any difference with other RME gear is simply not realistic.

depends on your equipment. Some equipments have too high or two low sensitivity and you'll either hear noise or lack enough loudness.
ADI-2/4 has far wider output levels to solve this issue than Babyface has.

ramses wrote:
HouseMusic101 wrote:

TM FX won't get any VST support, has been discussed already on forum.
A 3rd party VST can impact stability, this is not wanted in TM FX.
You can do this easily in the DAW.

Alternatively get a plugin host like e.g. LiveProfessor
https://audiostrom.com/
See also this RME Essentials video: "VST Plugins in TotalMix with LiveProfessor "
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQ95oc6zO3w

Vst is just wishful thinking on my part

Can you choose what u monitor via the preferences ,,, regardless of how many different inputs you have connected?

Thx