Topic: Other Software Update Kills RME Drivers

Twice now, I have updated some software that wiped out RME permissions on MacOS that prevented it from opening.

I had to go into the Terminal and do some crazy stuff to eventually get it back.

I know about the thread that details how to do this but the info was not 100% correct which meant it cost me a few hours time, again.

I know the thread says that it's an Apple fix but how come this doesn't seem to happen with any other software bedsides the RME Total Mix and HDPSe apps?

I use a fair amount of software that requires me to "Allow" it in the Security & Privacy area and this has never happened with any other software, just RME. Twice.

I hope it can be addressed on the RME side so it doesn't keep happening.

2 (edited by Jperkins 2022-03-31 14:37:29)

Re: Other Software Update Kills RME Drivers

Once again, updating Universal Audio plugins software wipes out my RME apps and I have to f*ck around again for an hour at least to reset it trying to guess what I need to type into the Terminal in Safe Mode to reset the permissions.

Can RME please fix this ASAP? Ain't nobody got time for this.

Once again, today's Universal Audio update killed my RME drivers and I had to boot in recovery mode and do some work in the Terminal, restart the Mac, reset permissions for a number of things and then restart again and then check on everything.

It would be VERY nice if I didn't have to do this every time there is a UAD update.

Since the other thread is closed and the steps to really fix it are spread throughout multiple posts and isn't super clear, here is a screen shot of what I typed into the Terminal and what it told me. Luckily I guessed on the first try this time.

Since I don't think you can take a screen shot in Recovery Mode, here's a phone photo for reference:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7t5vjb9v50yyq … .jpeg?dl=0

And despite the Terminal telling me it was a success and then re-permitting RME and others in the System Prefs, RME apps would still not launch so I did all that again and this time put an underscore in Macintosh_HD and now it appears to really be working again.

RME apps are launched.

5 (edited by Jperkins 2022-07-23 14:44:42)

This happened AGAIN last night after updating an app called SoftRAID which I have to use for my OWC SSD hard drives even though I don't use them in a RAID configuration.

After updating this app, my RME apps did not launch, just like what's been happening when I update the UAD software.

I was one last attempt away from upgrading to Monterey in a desperate attempt to get my RME drivers/apps working again.

For the love of got PLEASE fix this. It only happens to my RME apps/drivers. This time it took over an hour of various attempts to run the terminal command and re approve permissions to things in various order so that everything finally worked again.