Topic: Babyface Pro FS and the X-Touch.

Hello Folks:

Can the X-Touch be directly connected to the BabyFace Pro without the need to use the Total Mix FX software?

Thanks all over the place gang.

2 (edited by ramses 2022-10-25 14:48:38)

Re: Babyface Pro FS and the X-Touch.

I think the outcome will be this:

You can deactivate parts of TM FX by selecting DAW mode, then only HW inputs and SW outputs remain.
But why would you like to do this?
Then you have to route everything through the DAW and all audio flows get the full latency.

The X-Touch could then be configured to work with the DAW.
But I think you limit the flexibility of TM FX by this far too much.

The same routing as in DAW mode, you can get by selecting
Reset Mix -> Straight Playback
This has been pointed out already in several postings like this one: https://forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopic.ph … 26#p190726

Then you have the same style of routing like in DAW mode, but keep the flexibility of TM FX to be able to modify the submix of each HW output individually, if there is a demand for it.

Think about a vocalist who wants to hear his recorded voice without latency in the headphones. This you can easily do in TotalMix Full mode by routing audio directly from HW input to HW output without going over USB. In DAW mode, everything has the full RTL (round trip latency) over USB, which gets quite high when choosing higher ASIO buffer sizes.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Re: Babyface Pro FS and the X-Touch.

Hi:

Thanks much for your thoughtful post: I appreciate it.