1 (edited by ijimu 2022-11-01 05:43:39)

Topic: BabyFace Pro FS and ADAT Expansion with ADA8200

Hi All,

New RME convert here and looking for some assistance expanding my BBF with a ADA8200 via ADAT.

I've had a look around the forums here and although there seem to be people with similar issues, no resolution was found.

I'm using the two TOSLINK cables to ensure the ADA is clocked to the BBF, ADA set to slave and no issues with sync.

I miced up a kit and hooked up 7 channels of the ADA and while I'm getting signal from each mic through to Totalmix, they're only coming through on 2 ADAT channels. I was expecting 7 separate channels that I can then route to Logic Pro (MacOS).

My TotalMix window looks like this:

https://imgur.com/a/6Lz547p

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

2 (edited by ebmmbongo 2022-11-01 08:38:52)

Re: BabyFace Pro FS and ADAT Expansion with ADA8200

ijimu wrote:

Hi All,

New RME convert here and looking for some assistance expanding my BBF with a ADA8200 via ADAT.

I've had a look around the forums here and although there seem to be people with similar issues, no resolution was found.

I'm using the two TOSLINK cables to ensure the ADA is clocked to the BBF, ADA set to slave and no issues with sync.

I miced up a kit and hooked up 7 channels of the ADA and while I'm getting signal from each mic through to Totalmix, they're only coming through on 2 ADAT channels. I was expecting 7 separate channels that I can then route to Logic Pro (MacOS).

Hi
There are 4 ADAT channels in your TM, AS1-2 and ADAT3-4.
You have chosen 96k, so just lower to 48/44,1 and you will get 8 ADAT channels.

Babyface Pro FS, MSI GS66, Studio One

The ada8200 only works at 44.1 and 48khz anyway so there is no point in trying to use a higher sample rate. Go into the fireface control panel to change sample rate.

Babyface Pro Fs, Behringer ADA8200, win 10/11 PCs, Cubase/Wavelab, Adam A7X monitors.

4 (edited by ijimu 2022-11-04 01:03:02)

ebmmbongo wrote:
ijimu wrote:

Hi All,

Hi
There are 4 ADAT channels in your TM, AS1-2 and ADAT3-4.
You have chosen 96k, so just lower to 48/44,1 and you will get 8 ADAT channels.

That worked - thanks so much!