1 (edited by GeometryGod 2022-12-22 16:45:57)

Topic: RayDAT sample rate defaults / changes to 44.1 on system startup

Hi - I just recently purchased a RayDAT, which I am using in a Sonnet Echo Express I enclosure - hooking up to my MacBook Pro M1 Max system.

The interface works flawlessly - except for one problem I am having. Every time I shut down my system and start back up, or unplug the RayDAT and plug back in, it defaults to 44.1. I work in 48khz, so it's a hassle to remember to manually switch it back every time in the HDSPe settings. Once I switch it, everything works fine for that session while it is connected. The RayDAT is set as the master clock for all connected devices, and everything syncs properly.

My UCX II does not have this same issue. Once I set it to 48khz, i can disconnect it / restart my system, and it stays at 48khz when I start back up.

I have the latest drivers installed for RayDAT, and all of my settings in Audio / Midi are set to 48khz (not sure if this affects anything).

Does anyone have any insights? My goal is to have the RayDAT stay at 48khz so I don't need to manually change it every time I start up my system. Thank you!

2 (edited by waedi 2022-12-23 01:34:29)

Re: RayDAT sample rate defaults / changes to 44.1 on system startup

Is this happening also when the MacBook wakes up from sleep or only after reboot ?

is there one gear in your set that can stay on all the time or at least can be switched on before the others ?
It has to be a fast device that has the clock fix 48kHz ready very quick without loading and booting a huge system.
You see where it goes ?
Make the RayDAT clock auto sync check external optical.
SteadyClock keeps the RayDAT in perfect working conditions in any case master or slave.
Slave is not a degradation at all.
I am not sure what the RayDAT is doing after system reboot, I couldn't find the info in the user manual.
I suggest to do a quick test, set the RayDAT settings to clock external and see if it keeps so after a reboot ?
Do you understand what I mean ?
Only one device in your studio has to be master at 48kHz, thanks to AutoSync and SteadyClock the whole system will lock and sync to 48 quick.
Also check for the latest firmware.

M1-Sonoma, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

Thanks for this, I appreciate it.

In theory I could slave it to something like my ferrofish, but what I really would like is for the RayDAT to remain the master for all of my devices.

I’m wondering if anyone can please advise why this is happening every time I restart, and if there is a remedy while allowing the RayDAT to remain the master.

Thanks so much!

Driver version, RayDAT firmware version. 'Latest' is no valid information. Operating system version.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

5 (edited by GeometryGod 2022-12-23 06:33:38)

My apologies.

At the time of posting, I was on driver version 4.21 and RayDAT firmware version 206.

I just updated to the driver released yesterday, 4.22, and RayDAT firmware version 207.

I am on OSX Ventura 13.0

After restarting and testing, it has not fixed the behavior mentioned above.

Thanks, we will check that.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

MC wrote:

Thanks, we will check that.

Hi I noticed a new update for HDSPE - I tried installing, but still having the same behavior with sample rate. Any updates on this?

Not yet, sorry. The just released 4.23 does also not yet address this.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME