1 (edited by Stojan 2023-01-11 23:29:52)

Topic: Fireface UC, no sound after windows update,possibly not related

Today there was an update for Win 10, I updated the PC then shut it down. Now I turned it on and there is no sound coming from the phones.
MY system:
Fireface UC, driver 1.224,
Windows 10
Intel Core  I5 9400F
Gigabyte Z730P,
I tried to reinstall the driver, the latest firmware, no success
No sound in any app

2 (edited by Stojan 2023-01-11 23:53:10)

Re: Fireface UC, no sound after windows update,possibly not related

also every setting is as it was before, I can open the control panel of the Fireface UC, Cubase and windows are set  for playback thru the Fireface UC, I have no other sound card.

Stojan wrote:

also avery setting is as it was before, Ican open the control panel of the Fireface UC, Cubase and windows sre set  for playback thru the Fireface UC, I have no other sound card.

How is Totalmix looking ?
May be it is set back to default and you have to route the sound to the headphones again ?

M1-Sonoma, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

4 (edited by Stojan 2023-01-11 23:52:19)

main is set to 1+2, evreything else is set to none.

Stojan wrote:

main is set to 1+2, evreything else is set to none.

can you see sound signal in Totalmix ?
How is the Phones assigned ?

M1-Sonoma, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

yes, I see the playback signal, everything seems to be in order...only there is no sound. phones 1,2 etc is set to none. I have tried various settings, but it simply does not work. Today I will try on my laptop. If that will not work, Then  I assume the box has to go to a repair shop.

Stojan wrote:

yes, I see the playback signal, everything seems to be in order...only there is no sound. phones 1,2 etc is set to none. I have tried various settings, but it simply does not work. Today I will try on my laptop. If that will not work, Then  I assume the box has to go to a repair shop.

In TotalMix you have to select the hardware output for the headphones (on Fireface UC these are out 7-8), then open the software playback fader. Depending on your TotalMix settings, this works different:
- submix mode (to select in blue area top right): click on hardware output for headphones, then open the playback fader where the signal from your DAW comes in
- free mode: go to the software playback channel where the signal from your DAW comes in, click on the bottom where you see small channel numbers, for ex. AN 1-2 to select the right hardware outputs for the headphones
If you have assigned the headphones, this stereo channels appears on bottom right, control room section.

FF 400 - Babyface pro - Digiface USB - ADI-2 (original)
Mac mini M1 - Macbook pro - iPad Air2

Solved!
did that and  there is sound. however I do not understand what was the reason for the problem in the first place. everything works fine, I shut down the PC and no sound. That is strange.
Thank you for your help! everybody