Topic: RME ADI 2 Pro FS - driving 2 setups?

I‘d like to hook up my KGSSHV electrostatic headphone amp via XLR and optionally switch to my speaker system (Hypex NCore mono blocks).

Can I switch between those two on the RME. What would I connect to which output?

Thanks, Michael

2 (edited by KaiS 2023-01-31 18:26:36)

Re: RME ADI 2 Pro FS - driving 2 setups?

vinyllover wrote:

I‘d like to hook up my KGSSHV electrostatic headphone amp via XLR and optionally switch to my speaker system (Hypex NCore mono blocks).

Can I switch between those two on the RME. What would I connect to which output?

• As the KGSSHV is balanced XLR, I‘d suggest to use ADI-2 Pro’s 1/2 Main out XLRs for it.

• The Hypex NCore is unbalanced.
So you could use the PH 3/4 front output for it, with a fitting adapter cable, 1/4” TRS stereo –> (2x RCA, I guess), or whatever NCore has.
If you have a cable with angled TRS it looks nicer, not sticking out.

This way you can switch the outputs without unplugging and via remote, and still can plug dynamic or planar-magnetic headphones into PH 1/2 front in case you want.

KaiS wrote:

So you could use the PH 3/4 front output for it, with a fitting adapter cable, 1/4” TRS stereo –> (2x RCA, I guess), or whatever NCore has.

Thanks, but I’m afraid the Ncore is fully balanced and I normally use XLR do drive them.

Is there a way to drive 2 XLR setups (KGSSHV or Ncore) in parallel?

4 (edited by KaiS 2023-02-01 09:39:54)

vinyllover wrote:
KaiS wrote:

Thanks, but I’m afraid the Ncore is fully balanced and I normally use XLR do drive them.

Is there a way to drive 2 XLR setups (KGSSHV or Ncore) in parallel?

Yes, either with:
• the back TRS, which is impedance-balanced,
• a y-splitter-cable,
• or a switchbox.

https://smile.amazon.de/Nobsound-Switch … Y&th=1

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/719KRP3zmdL._AC_SX679_.jpg