I wish to share I have also encountered an odd occurrence with my Babyface Pro (non-FS) and MacBook Pro 13" M1 (2020) on Big Sur.
I recently upgraded to 11.7.1 and I believe this caused the security matter to happen.
When plugging the Babyface Pro in, as some others have experienced, the Fireface USB settings is accessible but set to 32 kHz. Usually I have it at 88.2 kHz. Totalmix was not able to pull up any windows nor was the Babyface Pro selectable nor visible in the MacOS Audio MIDI setup.
I did receive the MacOS notification about System Extensions need to be rebuilt. I believe the reason was due to upgrading to 11.7.1.
I tried logging out and doing a login but no change and I couldn't access Totalmix.
I did a full shutdown and rebooted from a cold start. Then the Babyface Pro and Totalmix seems to work as per normal (with limited testing as I don't have time to check every feature).
If anyone has similar experience to this, and any clues why things would resume to working without having to do really anything that would be helpful. Right now, I'm unsure if I can expect the setup to be stable if I were to shutdown and reboot when in the field etc...
Firmware is v201 and Driver is v3.28.
I have not done the Terminal -> kmutil command entries as suggested by:
I usually have the Babyface Pro connected to the MacBook Pro (USB C) using the RME original USB cable. As that is USB-A I need to use an adapter. I have been using either an original USB-A/C/HDMI A2119 model adapter, or a no-name USB C to A adapter with the babyface and those have always seemed to work just fine. I also have an Elgato Thunderbolt 3 Dock and the babyface Pro has been working well with that too (Babyface Pro to USB in of Elgato Thunderbolt 3 Dock into Thunderbolt port of MacBook Pro 13" 2020).
Babyface Pro is not set to Class compliant mode.