1 (edited by Psyberpunk 2023-03-05 12:28:17)

Topic: uninstall TotalMix in Win 10

hello
i downloaded the new version of Totalmix
but before :
I would like to uninstall the old version cleanly

(one of the reasons: my old version is installed in
C:\Windows\System32
+ i find stuff there
C:\Users\xxxxx\AppData\Local\TotalMixFX
and i suspect some stuff in other place .. such as Regedit !!!

so how to clean it and remove totally ??

note
iI see that the news goes into
C:\Program Files (x86)\RME\TotalMixRemote\

In Uninstalls a Windows program: Total Mix does not appear????

thanx for your help

(note 2 :  i've got the fireface, but i think it do no difference to uninstall totalmix)

2 (edited by ramses 2023-03-05 13:25:12)

Re: uninstall TotalMix in Win 10

You do not need to uninstall anything, installing the latest driver usually does the proper things.

Short summary
- You only have to install the driver, this installs TotalMixFX.exe to C:\Windows\System32
- Install TM FX Remote ONLY on remote machines, NOT on the computer, where the recording interface is connected to

Also documented in the manual and I think in the README of "TM FX Remote".

TM FX Remote

Is a completely separate product. To be installed only (!!!) on a remote computer. Therefore, it is not being installed automatically together with the driver and TM FX.

(Default-) Settings

If you want to get default settings in TM FX as if you deployed everything the 1st time, then have a look at the settings in the profile. But be careful, make a backup of it 1st: C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\TotalMixFX\

The only thing which made sense to me after years of usage, to remove the file which remembers the last settings.

The reason, I collapsed some channels here and there and in TM FX there is no command which brings collapsed channels back to the normal size.

So if you think, that you also want to delete this last settings file (I hope you know what you do), I recommend
- to turn off the recording interface
- to exit TM FX
Then you can be sure that the file has no lock on it and that the last state from the device is written to it when exiting TM FX.

But you should really have a very concrete idea (a concrete reason) to manually manipulate or delete these files.
Otherwise, better do not touch. For most cases, the "reset mixer" functions in TM FX are fully sufficient.

In my case - deletion of last settings file - reasons, procedure // steps of the new setup

There were different reasons for me to completely start over, documented here. It's an advanced topic, but when browsing through my postings (you do not need to understand every detail) you might get a better understanding why I wanted / needed this:
https://forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopic.php?id=36025
https://forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopic.php?id=36072

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Ramses =>>> THANXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   smile smile smile

4 (edited by ramses 2023-03-05 13:21:30)

You're welcome and thanks for the flowers :-)
Incidentally … I made changes / additions to the text for readability, etc … please re-read.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13