1 (edited by DaveG 2023-03-22 19:09:08)

Topic: Simple/ newbie Headphone question

new RME user (from Apogee!!). Ok.. I'm just totally perplexed by this. I have a VERY simple setup. Just the Babyface Pro FS with Ptools or Logic, into a pair of Barefoot 01's and some Audeze headphones.  No complex input/output routing necessary.  (OS Ventura/Latest PT/Logic, etc).

DAW mode seems to be what I should use to get started, but why do I not hear anything on my headphones??  I'm in default state on everything.  I simply want the main out of PT/Logic/Youtube, etc. to go to both the speaker outs and the headphones, and just use the volume controls for each as needed

I'm sure I'm just One Route Away From Success here smile.
THANKS for any guidance as I learn the new system. Screenshot at link below..not really sure how to just post a picture here...
https://www.dropbox.com/s/d57s8eczi1tziuq/RME.jpg?dl=0

Re: Simple/ newbie Headphone question

https://forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopic.php?id=34394

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Thanks, Ramses.. will dive in.

Great videos.. however..I am now stuck I DAW mode, and no number of reboots, etc will let it show up in FULL mode. Any pref's files or something I can delete to reset it all?   And no..still unable to get sound out of the headphone output in DAW mode.  Which it should simply do by default by assigning the Control Room to Phones/ PH3/4 for a BabyFace Pro FS if I'm reading the instructions correctly)..... I'm sure I'm missing something obvious.    Speaker outputs are working fine.

In submix mode:
1 select hw output (phones)
2 move fader of hw inputs and sw playbacks to configure the individual submix for the selected hw output

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Thanks for the tips.  That makes sense.. but I can't get my software Operation Mode to switch FULL mode.. it's stuck in DAW mode.  I check the box to switch, quit the software, reload.. still in DAW mode. Reboot the machine, power cycle the Babyface. Same thing.  Only loads in DAW mode.  (2022 M1 MBPro Max, OS Ventura...latest software versions).  Babyface Firmware 201, software 328a.

Turns out I had to completely removed EVERYTHING RME related at finder level (.plist files, etc). Anything that had RME or Fireface in the the name.. Then..update to the latest Flash update and run the 328a Series Kernel Extension Driver.  On my M1 machine, the newest  USB Series DriverKit Driver 4.07 was causing the driver NOT to load (hence deleting everything and going back to 328a.).  But.. I can operate in FULL mode, and you setup above worked great.  More to learn.. Thanks for the links to the amazing videos!

How do you quit TM FX? I do a right click on the TM FX icon in the Dock and select Quit. Then restart it by double click on the same symbol. Changes every time.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME