Topic: SoundID reference 5.1 with HSDPE AIO

Hello everyone.
I have HSDPE AIO (old version) with  AO4S-192 AIO: 4-Channel analog output. I'm trying to use Sonaworks SoundID reference to calibrate 5.1 speakers system that I have. Problem is that SoundID reference Measure only recognize 2.0 outputs from RME.
I have contact their support, but I gave up after they asked me to switch off and on my sound card (PCIe card!).

AIO is working normally, windows 10 see it as 5.1 card, VLC is normally playing 5.1 audio and video, and it is working with Nuendo 12 without any issue.

Any suggestions ?
Tnx

Re: SoundID reference 5.1 with HSDPE AIO

Are you sure the AIO is set up in Sound - Playback - as Loudspeaker and 5.1 is assigned there (Configure) for system wide use?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Yes, if you think about Windows settings, speaker setup, configuration is 5.1.

Just to add one more thing, that before this problem, I had same problem with DSP 9632, than I switched to another computer with
HSDPE AIO.

Sorry, but we will not be able to fix something that seems to be a SoundID issue. There have been other issues reported with Sonarworks before, and we don't know if that has changed or not:
https://forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopic.php?id=33350

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

I agree that its SoundID issue. I really dont recommend this software, because I had problem with 3 different cards, even with stereo setup I had to contact their support. With 5.1 configuration after one month I still dont have solution from them.