Re: Mac USB driver for macOS 11 & Apple Silicon hardware

Hi,

In case others can learn from my mistakes/experience:

The thing I missed, which caused my problems *after it seemed like the stable driver was successfully installed*,
was that during your install, there comes a dialogue box telling you about the need to allow reduced security setting.
And I just skimmed through that and OK'ed it, rather than stopping up and clicking _the other_ button that gets you to the security and privacy setting dialogue box that actually asks if you want to allow Fireface driver... but after trying to install the 4.x beta driver, this dialogue box appears again, and I made sure I didn't miss it this second time, and that solved it for me. Everything so far seem to work.

Hope that helps. *I am on M1 Max with Ventura 13.2.1 OS.

Best wishes from an old school rocker from Norway who made a record on tape back in 1996:
https://open.spotify.com/artist/5iNaqJK … D6lyTZ1Fcw

Getting some odd behavior with the new DriverKit offering. Not sure if it's an RME problem or an AudioHijack problem. When I run AudioHijack when my drivers are at 48k, lots of stuttering, dropouts, and odd repeats. When I use it at 44k or 88k, no problem. When I run it at 48k with the old driver, no problem. Ideas?

krow01 wrote:

Getting some odd behavior with the new DriverKit offering. Not sure if it's an RME problem or an AudioHijack problem. When I run AudioHijack when my drivers are at 48k, lots of stuttering, dropouts, and odd repeats. When I use it at 44k or 88k, no problem. When I run it at 48k with the old driver, no problem. Ideas?

I'd contact RME Support to report this. Hopefully they can check it out and see if the issue is on their end or not.

krow01 wrote:

I've been experiencing the exact same issue, though still with the latest 3.x drivers, and have been back and forth with Rogue Amoeba's support. In a debug log file, I see that despite RME hardware and drivers running at 48k, the system reports 44.1k. From the top of the log:

2023-04-20 09:50:57.246 coreaudiod[165]: INFO: Added <ECSCoreDevice: 0x1459099f0, (117) com.rogueamoeba.InstantOn:0 [virt] {"uid":"com.rogueamoeba.InstantOn:0"}>: public, 44100Hz, 0 (0:0) / 0 (0:0)
2023-04-20 09:50:57.249 coreaudiod[165]: INFO: Added <ECSCoreDevice: 0x14590a480, (35) de_RME_driver_USBAudioEngine:16E7A4F [usb ] {"uid":"de_RME_driver_USBAudioEngine:16E7A4F"}>: public, 44100Hz, 30 (1:2) / 30 (1:2)
2023-04-20 09:50:57.249 coreaudiod[165]: INFO: Added <ECSCoreDevice: 0x107c91560, (70) com.apple.accessibility.audioPlugin.AXSpeech.input [virt] {"uid":"com.apple.accessibility.audioPlugin.AXSpeech.input"}>: public, 44100Hz, 2 (1:2) / 0 (0:0)
2023-04-20 09:50:57.249 coreaudiod[165]: INFO: Added <ECSCoreDevice: 0x107c94d90, (48) de_RME_driver_USBAudioEngine:16647A8 [usb ] {"uid":"de_RME_driver_USBAudioEngine:16647A8"}>: public, 44100Hz, 12 (1:2) / 14 (1:2)
2023-04-20 09:50:57.249 coreaudiod[165]: INFO: Added <ECSCoreDevice: 0x107c94e60, (101) BuiltInSpeakerDevice [bltn] {"uid":"BuiltInSpeakerDevice"}>: public, 48000Hz, 0 (0:0) / 2 (1:2)
2023-04-20 09:50:57.249 coreaudiod[165]: INFO: Added <ECSCoreDevice: 0x107c94f20, (110) BuiltInMicrophoneDevice [bltn] {"uid":"BuiltInMicrophoneDevice"}>: public, 48000Hz, 1 (1:1) / 0 (0:0)
2023-04-20 09:50:57.250 coreaudiod[165]: INFO: Added <ECSCoreDevice: 0x107c94fe0, (80) com.apple.accessibility.audioPlugin.AXSpeech.output [virt] {"uid":"com.apple.accessibility.audioPlugin.AXSpeech.output"}>: public, 44100Hz, 0 (0:0) / 2 (1:2)

Later in the log I see things back to 48k. Is there a way to post the entire log file? Will this help in any way?

455 (edited by stromkraft 2023-04-21 08:29:44)

Side-question: Given RME has loopback, why would you need to run Audio Hijack in the first place? I've stopped trusting Rogue Amoeba years ago, using another product from them.
For pro audio I'd place way more trust in Audinate's Dante Via technology, if I needed other rerouting out of some reason.

Side-question aside, glitches, dropouts and stuttering does not have to be related to Audio Hijack. I've seen multiple people saying 48k has been used when encountering such issues. 48k might not be relevant in itself, but it's an observation to note.

RME Babyface v226 | 4.07 | MacBook Pro 13" 2020 | 16gb/1tb

We use Loopback because certain apps, like Skype or other audio sources, don't allow setting granular input/output devices/channels.

TLV1 Studios wrote:

We use Loopback because certain apps, like Skype or other audio sources, don't allow setting granular input/output devices/channels.

Thanks for sharing. From your post, it was easy to assume you were using Audio Hijack, like the previous poster, rather than the Loopback app. I'm not sure how much code these RA apps share these days.

RME Babyface v226 | 4.07 | MacBook Pro 13" 2020 | 16gb/1tb

MacBook Air (M1), currently using kernel extension build, any reason to upgrade from that to v. 4.07 user mode?

illumina wrote:

MacBook Air (M1), currently using kernel extension build, any reason to upgrade from that to v. 4.07 user mode?

I'd like to know this as well

460 (edited by Denis-II 2023-05-08 18:36:04)

I apologize in advance for my bad English - I want to discuss the sound quality of audio material on Mac computers! I'm an audio producer, I recently switched to a Mac, I know how my mixes sound on Windows - it's different here! Very poor sound, frequencies on uncompressed audio - like on a cheap MP-3, this is a completely different sound! I don't know where the problem is - the audio core or the audio interface driver, but the audio sounds terrible! I tried different audio players - the sound is poor! On Windows it sounds different - a stereo panorama and a wide frequency range! I hope you got what I meant.The sound impression is that this is not a professional audio interface, it sounds like a cheap sound card from Aliexpress! Why hasn't anyone brought this topic up yet? It's horrible!
Driver 407/ flash tool 203
My computer is mac mini m2 pro - maybe I have the wrong driver installed? What should I put? I didn't find any relevant information!

Double posting makes you look like a spamer

M1-Sonoma, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

I deleted my post in the other thread though - you didn't answer my question

463 (edited by waedi 2023-05-08 18:59:39)

Why hasn't anyone brought this topic up yet?
That is your question.
answer : Because there is no difference.
The wave file sounds exactly the same regardless what computer is on.
The converter of an interface has no information about the computers operating system.

(I also answered your similar second post)

Denis-II wrote:

I deleted my post in the other thread though - you didn't answer my question

In my opinion there is not really something to answer, it's a "non-topic"! Mac computers / macOS in combination with RME interfaces are used for professional productions and of course with best sounding results since a long time. There's obviously something wrong with your setup.

FF 400 - Babyface pro - Digiface USB - ADI-2 (original)
Mac mini M1 - Macbook pro - iPad Air2

465 (edited by Denis-II 2023-05-08 19:07:57)

I hear a very big difference in audio quality! The question is not raised by Mac users because they don't know or have heard the Windows sound difference! Perhaps - the difference in ASIO - Wasapi-Core Audio but this difference is very significant! Maybe I have the wrong Babyface Pro FS drivers installed - I'm waiting for a recommendation on what to install? Perhaps this is not the topic - give a link to the topic Mac

466 (edited by Denis-II 2023-05-08 19:27:51)

I tested the sound directly from the Mac's audio output - it's true, Core Audio is terrible! RME audio - the sound is definitely better! My question is what version of drivers and internal firmware will you advise me? There are two versions of drivers, what should I put? Now it's version 407, there were no problems
my device - Babyface Pro FS

The 407 driver is what I use too.
As it works, it's the right one.

Denis-II wrote:

I hear a very big difference in audio quality! The question is not raised by Mac users because they don't know or have heard the Windows sound difference! Perhaps - the difference in ASIO - Wasapi-Core Audio but this difference is very significant! Maybe I have the wrong Babyface Pro FS drivers installed - I'm waiting for a recommendation on what to install? Perhaps this is not the topic - give a link to the topic Mac

No, you have the absolute right drivers, nothing wrong with it. Also nothing wrong with macOS / core audio. On both platforms, Windows and macOS, it’s possible and usual to produce audio in highest quality. There are also enough users which know both platforms equally well (not myself, I only use Mac) and if there really would be such a difference (with Windows on good and Mac on bad side), do you seriously think you’re the first one discovering it?

469 (edited by Denis-II 2023-05-08 20:11:31)

I am a musician with absolute pitch - I can hear the difference in the sound of Mac and Window! It's not bad and it's not good - it's a different sound. Perhaps - you need to get used to it, adapt. To put it simply - in Windows the sound is more musical, in Mac - more accurate, analytical. But he is different. Need to get used to...
Today I installed driver 408 - I'm testing

You hear what you play.
In Windows there are music enhancing options and most software players have settings to improve sound quality.
And also Macs have some of these settings.
With all these optimizers off you hear the true piece of music.

471 (edited by ramses 2023-05-08 21:38:52)

Sorry, but I can't believe this. Windows and Apple are both operating systems that are capable to playback audio lossless.
But surely on both systems you can make mistakes that you do not hear lossless, and you should find out what is causing this.
Like the mentioned audio enhancements.

To completely exclude these Windows sound enhancements and the audio subsystem of Windows and the mixer, you should use the ASIO driver, which completely bypasses it.
macOS has no ASIO, so the application has no driver with direct access to the audio HW. But there are surely settings, which enable you to listen lossless.

If you had an ADI-2 DAC or ADI-2 Pro or ADI-2/4 Pro SE, then you could easily validate, whether your complete audio chain from the player (or DAW) up to the DAC is lossless.

You can download short test files in .wav format from RME, that are available for different sample rates.
This you simply play back, and then you can see in the display of the ADI-xxx whether audio has been received lossless.

Then you would see, whether one of the audio chains (Windows or Apple) has loss .. then you only need to find out what it caused. If the transfers are lossless, then you have no issue and no sound difference, also no cable / USB transport issue.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Denis-II wrote:

It's more helpful to step back and verify a few base assumptions-

* Is this with a specific DAW?
* Does this happen with a reference track and say VLC in both systems?
* Settings are identical between both OS?
* Your output/monitors and headphones are the same between both?

By default there should not be any difference between same device, same drivers between both.

Happy to discuss reasons why there may be differences you can pick up on and isolate them to fix whatever setting may be different smile

Denis-II wrote:

I am a musician with absolute pitch - I can hear the difference in the sound of Mac and Window! It's not bad and it's not good - it's a different sound. Perhaps - you need to get used to it, adapt. To put it simply - in Windows the sound is more musical, in Mac - more accurate. But he is different. Need to get used to...

Some posts earlier the sound you heard on the Mac was "very poor", "like on a cheap MP-3", "terrible" and "horrible". All of a sudden it's not only "just different" but even "more accurate, analytical". Your RME interface first was "like a cheap sound card from Aliexpress", later "definitely better" than the internal audio output on the Mac.
Please don't get me wrong. It is not my intention to simply disagree (or even argue) for any childish reasons like "I like Mac better..." or similar. But I just can't take that as a base for a serious discussion. Beside that, I'm a professional musician as well.
Again: it should be all fine with the driver versions you have tested (4.07 and 4.08), at least from a technical view. If the sound is really that bad as you described before, there is something wrong for sure. To find out what it could be, please post exact informations about involved software, settings (sample rate, clocking etc), and others as illumina already suggested. Also I'm with ramses when he writes, a comparison should be done using the exact same chain of audio hardware.

I found out the reason for the difference in the sound of Windows and Mac - I don’t hear a difference in DAW, there is a difference when listening to audio material with third-party players! The difference is in the sound of the midrange and the width of the stereo panorama, basically. Windows system player - I was quite satisfied, the MAC system player sounds mediocre, muddy. At the moment I settled on the VOX player. Maybe there is something better, all the players that I tested from the free ones sound very different. I never use sound amplifiers in my players, I don't adjust the equalizer, I think any player should play honestly, out of the box

Probably - the reason for the bad sound was in the 407 driver on my audio interface, maybe it was installed crookedly! Most likely - it required a lot of system permissions, maybe I missed this moment somewhere. Version 408 - granted all permissions to the driver during installation. I'm testing while

There is no way the driver (or its installation) can have any kind of influence on sound quality. This kind of speculation is not exactly useful...

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Denis-II wrote:

I found out the reason for the difference in the sound of Windows and Mac - I don’t hear a difference in DAW, there is a difference when listening to audio material with third-party players! The difference is in the sound of the midrange and the width of the stereo panorama, basically. Windows system player - I was quite satisfied, the MAC system player sounds mediocre, muddy. At the moment I settled on the VOX player. Maybe there is something better, all the players that I tested from the free ones sound very different. I never use sound amplifiers in my players, I don't adjust the equalizer, I think any player should play honestly, out of the box

If you were using iTunes, turn off sound check and check other settings like download hi res, use atmos, etc.

478 (edited by mruebsamen 2023-05-10 20:19:15)

Denis-II wrote:

I apologize in advance for my bad English - I want to discuss the sound quality of audio material on Mac computers! I'm an audio producer, I recently switched to a Mac, I know how my mixes sound on Windows - it's different here! Very poor sound, frequencies on uncompressed audio - like on a cheap MP-3, this is a completely different sound! I don't know where the problem is - the audio core or the audio interface driver, but the audio sounds terrible! I tried different audio players - the sound is poor! On Windows it sounds different - a stereo panorama and a wide frequency range! I hope you got what I meant.The sound impression is that this is not a professional audio interface, it sounds like a cheap sound card from Aliexpress! Why hasn't anyone brought this topic up yet? It's horrible!
Driver 407/ flash tool 203
My computer is mac mini m2 pro - maybe I have the wrong driver installed? What should I put? I didn't find any relevant information!

To be honest.... I think this is - how can I say it -  wrong. We have a PC here with Sequoia and Macs with Logic & ProTools. When I use both just as a playback / summing device I can't hear a difference. But you can check it out easily for yourself with a null test. I'm pretty sure to know already the outcome.
However. The Mac uses for non professional audio apps a core audio mode that can indeed change the sound. Coreaudio can do samplerate conversion, change volume and align different audio interfaces and for sure more. This does not happen when you use "professional" audio programs, because for those programs core audio offers a direct connect to the audio interface...
Actually core audio was always a very performant and comfortable API. Since a couple of years even the realtime sample rate conversion sounds fine...

Denis-II wrote:

I am a musician with absolute pitch - I can hear the difference in the sound of Mac and Window! It's not bad and it's not good - it's a different sound. Perhaps - you need to get used to it, adapt. To put it simply - in Windows the sound is more musical, in Mac - more accurate, analytical. But he is different. Need to get used to...

Aua
What does absolute pitch have to do with the ability of educated, professional listening? Do you think that you can hear, frequency response, dynamic range, thd, phase alignment, etc. based on absolute pitch? My son has really absolute pitch (you can play him any cluster and tell him to sing an f-sharp on top for example) but he is just a terrible mixer, because his ears are not really trained for music production yet.... And the way you describe the quality of the sound of different computers seems very "rudimentary".

PS: I don't want to go in the rabbit whole of perfect pitch and I don't want to question your skills, since I don't know you. But there are sooo many people speaking out loud that they have perfect pitch. And if you test it, it's rather embarrassing. Most of them are having trouble even with relative pitch. They have to repeat intervals and think about their mnemonics smile

PS2: Where are you from? We are a professional studio with professional equipment and class a clients (mostly large orchestras). You can check out the sound quality from different computers and different converters and have a good cup of coffee? smile

480 (edited by illumina 2023-05-10 22:27:36)

Denis-II wrote:

Glad you were able to work it out! Consumer apps may apply an “enhanced” EQ when the audience isn’t expecting transparency.

Can be a pain in the ass with comparing reference tracks, as you’ve noted smile

The most important things as ever are to isolate differences in system state at a very high level and *then* one can drill down further to interface and driver rev.

Hello, I am on Mac OS Ventura 13.3.1(a) , everything was working ok, then I lent my babyface PRO to a friend during the afternoon and when I went to use it in the evening, the Totalmix stopped working properly (the meters wouldn't display any signal although there was audio being sent to the monitors). I re-booted the laptop a couple of times, checked AUDIO-MIDI Setup and finally decided to re-install the latest driver compatible with M1 (which is my laptop).

Now whenever I try to open the Firaface USB Settings or the TotalMix they open and close instantly. There is audio coming out of the babyface but without access to the Totalmix it will be impossible for me to work properly. I am unable to do the routing I need.

I also tried to run the Flash Update, but the same happens - it opens and closes instantly.

I rebooted the laptop in recovery mode to allow for reduced security and rebooted the laptop once more to reinstall the drivers again.

I reinstalled the drivers multiple times, and in different versions, but nothing worked.

Tomorrow I will go to a friend to try to run the flash update from his laptop and verify if it is working correctly on his machine and try again on mine.

If nothing works I will have to backup my things and downgrade my MacOS System and try to install again.

If someone has any suggestions on how to troubleshoot this, I deeply appreciate. THank yoU!

482 (edited by waedi 2023-05-14 03:11:37)

Sure it is not set to CC-mode ? Maybe your friend tried to use it in Class-compliant mode and forgot to set it back to normal mode... ?
Press and hold the two buttons SELECT and DIM during power up will switch the mode between PC and CC.
When powering up the LEDs on the front showing a PC or CC, have a look...

483 (edited by manuelpessoa.lima 2023-05-14 10:28:07)

That was it. thank you so much!

Hi,

I am new here. i have the Fireface UCX, which i bought in 2014. i've recently upgraded to a mac mini M2 that runs on MacOS 13 Ventura.

I tried downloading 328B and 3222B from the download page but neither seem to work. i also tried deleting everything and now everytime i try to reinstall, the setup asks where i placed my "settings".

Both Fireface USB Settings.app & Totalmix never open, yet applications are allowed from identified developers.

its very frustrating that i cant get this to work, has anyone had similar issues or succesfully installed it on the same OS13 ?

Thanks in advance

485 (edited by oli77sch 2023-05-15 13:00:49)

adv88 wrote:

Hi,

I am new here. i have the Fireface UCX, which i bought in 2014. i've recently upgraded to a mac mini M2 that runs on MacOS 13 Ventura.

I tried downloading 328B and 3222B from the download page but neither seem to work. i also tried deleting everything and now everytime i try to reinstall, the setup asks where i placed my "settings".

Both Fireface USB Settings.app & Totalmix never open, yet applications are allowed from identified developers.

its very frustrating that i cant get this to work, has anyone had similar issues or succesfully installed it on the same OS13 ?

Thanks in advance

Hi
Driver v3.222b is not for your macOS, it's clearly declared for macOS 10.12-10.15 only.
For your system and the UCX you have three possibilities:
1) the driver v4.07 or 4.08 (Apple driver kit version) which requires a firmware update first. And to do this, the installation of a kernel extension driver is needed anyway.
2) the driver v.3.28B(2) (kernel extension) which requires the recovery boot and security settings first. You can find the guide on the RME site.
https://www.rme-audio.de/rme-macos.html
3) you connect the interface over FireWire > Thunderbolt (Apple adapters) and install the driver v3.41 which also requires the recovery boot first.

RME Support wrote:

There is no way the driver (or its installation) can have any kind of influence on sound quality. This kind of speculation is not exactly useful...

Does RME or anyone know if these glitches happen with Fireface UFX III and USB3.0? My FF800 broke down and the situation with USB driver doesn't look promising tbh.

Subject: Outlook: Future support of legacy rme products on apple silicone Macs?

Hi all,

I don‘t want to start a new thread and the topic seems to be the right one.
My Mac Pro 2012 is getting too old, my MacBook Air 2013 stopped working, so instead of buying a Mac and a MacBook I recently purchased a MacBook Pro m2 as my new main machine for both home and on the road.

In the last years I was using a fireface 400 with should still work fine with this apple silicone machine (latest drivers still support fireface 400, but haven’t tried yet)
I am thinking about buying a used fireface 800 or something like that for stationary studio use (and having more XLR inputs) in the future and keep the fireface 400 for portable use.
Is there a time limit when rme legacy products might not be supported anymore with apple silicone Mac’s?

(I‘ve been using rme pci cards and FireWire interfaces for decades now and i‘ve always been loving them. Sound clarity, stability und usability of total mix and digicheck are things I don‘t wanna miss in the future also.)

Thanks everybody.

MacPro'08 8x2.8, 10 GB RAM // MacBookAir 13" 2014
Logic Audio 10.2, Fireface 400

488 (edited by vkoivula 2023-05-20 12:08:26)

superflo wrote:

Subject: Outlook: Future support of legacy rme products on apple silicone Macs?
Is there a time limit when rme legacy products might not be supported anymore with apple silicone Mac’s?

It would seem that (unless they release a new driver) as long as kernel extensions work. New drivers done with DriverKit run in user space. That's how the new USB driver works.

-V

Hey, i only registered here to thank the RME Team, that they finally have fixed the issues with my FF UC via 4.08 driverkit update.

This year marks the 10th year i own FF UC. After i changed to a newer from Mbpro 2017 and recently the M1, all the time i had problems with glitches in Chrome only watching YT videos, playing simple audio, or had to switch audio output in Ableton just to render a session (otherwise would abort). This was driving me crazy for such a long time. Now everything seems to work flawlessly and i don´t have to reset my whole machine and will save a lot time. thank you!!!

doubletea wrote:

Now everything seems to work flawlessly

Interesting! I also have a Fireface UC, which I used to run on an Intel MacBook Pro and now for a longer time on an M1 Pro, and so far there are no problems at all - with the kernel driver. The switch to the DriverKit driver (4.0x) I have not yet dared. Do you have macOS Ventura 13.4?

491 (edited by doubletea 2023-05-29 17:19:02)

ATM I´m still working on 13.0, unfortunately after standby or re-plugging without restart, it loses ability to change main volume via macOS/ doesn´t affect UC anymore. Only when i restart Totalmix it works again.

Not sure, but there was / is a certain point when i´ve installed various software, where some configuration has interfered with previous UC drivers which led to dropouts.

I´m still happy to have switched to driverkit 4.x, since i don´t have dropouts anymore, which also affected overall performance, mbpro stuck, long loading times, etc. Before that, i got used to listen to sound on my airpods or just the mbPro Audio output and only used the UCs Hardware out for my external gear. So, this is a big relief.

Fund wrote:
doubletea wrote:

Now everything seems to work flawlessly

Interesting! I also have a Fireface UC, which I used to run on an Intel MacBook Pro and now for a longer time on an M1 Pro, and so far there are no problems at all - with the kernel driver. The switch to the DriverKit driver (4.0x) I have not yet dared. Do you have macOS Ventura 13.4?

doubletea wrote:

Hey, i only registered here to thank the RME Team, that they finally have fixed the issues with my FF UC via 4.08 driverkit update.

This year marks the 10th year i own FF UC. After i changed to a newer from Mbpro 2017 and recently the M1, all the time i had problems with glitches in Chrome only watching YT videos, playing simple audio, or had to switch audio output in Ableton just to render a session (otherwise would abort). This was driving me crazy for such a long time. Now everything seems to work flawlessly and i don´t have to reset my whole machine and will save a lot time. thank you!!!

This is great to hear. I was wondering if anyone else could confirm if this issue has been resolved for them now with the latest DriverKit driver?

I was experiencing the 'USB audio stuttering problem when memory pressure is above ~50%' that's documented in other threads here and also over at audiosciencereview. Using a MacBook Pro 16" M1 Pro and Babyface Pro FS.

I ended up having to return the M1 and revert back to my Intel machine as it wasn't suitable for audio production work.

Appreciate any advice in advance,

493 (edited by Eithunsen 2023-06-05 07:37:01)

It's not been resolved. How could it? No new driver-updates recently as far as I know (I am using Ventura 13.4, Driver 4.08, FW43 - UCX II). It still stutters like crazy when RAM pressure is high. Unusable. The only workaround for me is to keep RAM pressure low, which is not really a workaround.

Regards
Terje

I bugged RME support about this ages ago and they basically said "it's an Apple problem, not ours". Just seen there's a 4.08, will try that.

Has anyone had any luck going through Apple support?

Does anyone know if Firewire UCX will work on macOS Sonoma?

Thanks

There's no reason to assume it won't work....

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Honestly, MAC and RME has always been a horror, but now with the latest OS we are on another level, you have to go in and boot and remove security and it still not working, even worse it's rebooting my mac, when i followed all the steps on your website....
When you pay 900e for a soundcard and it's not click and PLAY there is something wrong with your gear. HIRE SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS MAKE IT WORK!!!!
You shoudn't have to be a computer nerd to make something work, i think you should stop selling your gear as compatible with MAC/APPLE. period....
seriously....

remy wrote:

Honestly, MAC and RME has always been a horror, but now with the latest OS we are on another level, you have to go in and boot and remove security and it still not working, even worse it's rebooting my mac, when i followed all the steps on your website....
When you pay 900e for a soundcard and it's not click and PLAY there is something wrong with your gear. HIRE SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS MAKE IT WORK!!!!
You shoudn't have to be a computer nerd to make something work, i think you should stop selling your gear as compatible with MAC/APPLE. period....
seriously....

And what about those who have no issues at all ?
My M1 works perfectly fine with the interfaces with the latest driver.
No issues !
From my point of view those who have problems are doing all something wrong.
Don't blame RME because you can't handle your computer.

remy wrote:

seriously....

…always been a horror…?
Definitely not for me and for several other users. All fine with my different RME units on different Mac computers since many years.

remy wrote:

seriously....

You have to be kidding right?  RME has been the most solid and reliable driver set for Mac OS, for many many years!!

----------------
Matt McKenzie-Smith (UFXII, UFX, Babyface) MacStudioUltra OS13.2.1
----------------