Topic: Fireface Settings app continuously launching/quitting

Hi all!

Hope you're doing well!

Last month, I purchased a new M2 Mac mini. This week I set it up as my DAW system with a Digiface USB as the audio interface.

I followed the driver installation process (I successfully did the system permission procedure) but after a while I started experiencing a weird issue. 

There's some kind of disconnection/re-connection of the Digiface.
The Fireface Settings app is continuously launching and quitting. It happens randomly and repeats until I unplug/re-plug the interface. After a while, it happens again. 

I tried to change USB port but the issue remains. By the way, the interface is directly connected to a USB port. No dongles, etc. There are not connection issues with other devices like ssd drives, midi controllers, a small Audient interface, etc. I also tried to connect the Digiface to an Intel Mac and I couldn't reproduce the issue.

I believe the problem comes from the combo of the Digiface and the Mac mini but I ran out of ideas on what else to try. 

Is there anything that I'm missing? Any setting or extra updates?

macOS version: Ventura 13.4
Driver version is 4.08
Firmware version is 18

Thanks!

Re: Fireface Settings app continuously launching/quitting

First thought : cable is broken.
But you say on the intel mac it's working fine...?
I would try another cable
and check the security and privacy settings microphone if Totalmix is enabled.

M1-Sequoia, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

Settings dialog opening and closing simply means USB disconnected/reconnected -> USB issue.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Hey all!

Thanks a lot for your replies!

waedi wrote:

First thought : cable is broken.
and check the security and privacy settings microphone if Totalmix is enabled.

Could you please elaborate more on this?

MC wrote:

Settings dialog opening and closing simply means USB disconnected/reconnected -> USB issue

Thanks for the input!
Yes, I'm assuming the same but is there anything I could do to verify the side of the issue?
As I said, I don't have disconnection issues with other external devices when connected on the same port and at the same time I don't have disconnection issues with Digiface on an Intel mac. So I'm in a confusion state. Any idea?

Did you try with a headphone on the Digiface ? wondering if a higher energy consumption has an effect on the issue...?

M1-Sequoia, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue