1 (edited by Darius van H 2023-06-29 09:55:05)

Topic: Total Reset doesn't reset folded channels?

Hi folks,

It seems a total Reset doesn't reset folded channels?

I'm talking about the little leftward pointing arrow at the bottom of a channel that folds it to become much thinner.

So i have two questions:

1) are there other settings that don't really get reset with Total Reset?

2) is there a way to do a true Total Reset?

Thanks!

2 (edited by waedi 2023-06-29 10:34:18)

Re: Total Reset doesn't reset folded channels?

The Total Reset is a Mix Reset and the channel layout is not part of the mix.
You have to prepare a neutral (reset) layout of your desire and store it as Workspace.
"save workspace as..."
"Load that workspace" is then your own true custom Total Reset.

M1-Sonoma, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

Thanks for the info!

So no actual Total Reset of the whole mixer?

That is an oversight, hope they update that.

When you're new to TotalMix and just learning it, a true reset including visual layout is needed!

Darius van H wrote:

You can easily delete the laststate file decribed in the manual to have a super-fresh experience.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

5 (edited by Darius van H 2023-07-04 09:14:50)

MC wrote:
Darius van H wrote:

You can easily delete the laststate file decribed in the manual to have a super-fresh experience.

Thanks, i just searched the HDSPe MADI FX PDF manual for the word "laststate" and it shows zero results, any ideas?

6 (edited by waedi 2023-07-04 09:24:33)

Used the word directory instead.
21.7.1 Store for Current or All Users
TotalMix FX stores all settings, workspaces and snapshots for the current user in:
XP: C:\Documents and Settings\ Username\Local Settings\ Application Data\TotalMixFX Since Vista: C.\Users\Username\AppData\Local\TotalMixFX
Current User ensures that when workstations are used by several people they all find their own settings. In case the settings should be identical or given for any user, TotalMix FX can be changed to use the All User directory. An admin could even write protect the file lastBabyface Pro1.xml, which results in a complete reset to that file’s content whenever TotalMix FX is re- started. The xml-file is updated on exit, so simply set up TotalMix as desired and exit it (right mouse click on the symbol in the notification area).
Paths under macOS X
Mac Current User: user/Library/Application Support/RME TotalMix FX Mac All Users: /Library/Application Support/RME TotalMix FX

M1-Sonoma, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

7 (edited by ramses 2023-07-04 10:01:08)

Darius van H wrote:
MC wrote:
Darius van H wrote:

Thanks, i just searched the HDSPe MADI FX PDF manual for the word "laststate" and it shows zero results, any ideas?

C:\Users\<LOGINNAME>\AppData\Local\TotalMixFX\last.FirefaceUFXIII1.xml
                                                                                 ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Note: name depends on the recording interface.

A *complete* reset incl. TM FX settings: see point #1 and #2 of https://forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopic.php?id=36025
Recommended: make a backup of the folder in AppData\Local\TotalMixFX before starting this.

I needed something entirely new to optimize the routing and to have only the required routings, to make matrix view to work better for me (better overview if it contains only the used/needed routings):
https://forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopic.php?id=36072

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Thanks guys!