1 (edited by Robderon 2023-06-29 19:07:00)

Topic: babyface pro output channels other than 1+2 visible but not working

Hello,

i'm using ipad pro + AUM + babyface pro with apple usb / usb-c connector.

I'm trying to send some sound to channels other than the main stereo out 1+2.
In AUM,  I can see the long list of usb hardware output channels 1+2, 2+3 ... 11+12
But only the 1+2 is working. If I select 3+4 and go in total mix, no sound is coming.
I guess i should see something in TotalMix in one of the Software Playback  channels.
When I select 1+2 in AUM , the first slot in totalmix get some sound, but if Select the others, nothing is coming in the other slots.

I've tried to change the output in AUM for the metronome, and also directly from the slots output ( with some sound playing of course ! )

It TotalMix preferences, background mode is activated, and Output Channel Count req. is set to multichannel

Maybe i don't understand something ? Maybe I'm doing something wrong ?

Thank you for your help !

Re: babyface pro output channels other than 1+2 visible but not working

Start the Metronome and change the Metronome Output to any of the BF Pro output pairs. Works over here with AUM 1.4.5.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

AUM 1.4.4 on old iPad with lightning port here. All fine with playing audio to different outputs of Babyface pro.

FF 400 - Babyface pro - Digiface USB - ADI-2 (original)
Mac mini M1 - Macbook pro - iPad Air2

4 (edited by Robderon 2023-07-06 09:21:15)

Thank both of you for your answers. At least now I know that it should work.

I'm using AUM 1.4.4 ( 316), iPad pro 3rd gen with usb C , ios 16.2 , totalMix 1.8, babyface pro in CC mode

Metronome was the motivation behind my first attempt at using the other output. I want to have a backing track in the main outputs 1+2 , and the metronome in the headphones. I've tried all outputs in the AUM metronome options, nothing is coming..