Topic: Can I use the ADI-2 Pro FS R for quadrophonic playback from Reaper?

Hello!

I wonder if this is possible with the ADI-2 Pro FS R , to use the main outputs for speakers 1 & 2 and the headphones out for speakers 3 & 4.
Can the ADI-2 Pro FS R be a 4 Output Audio Interface for Reaper, or will I need the ADI-2 Pro SE for this?

Thanks!

2 (edited by KaiS 2023-08-14 06:03:41)

Re: Can I use the ADI-2 Pro FS R for quadrophonic playback from Reaper?

stingscloud wrote:

I wonder if this is possible with the ADI-2 Pro FS R , to use the main outputs for speakers 1 & 2 and the headphones out for speakers 3 & 4.
Can the ADI-2 Pro FS R be a 4 Output Audio Interface for Reaper, or will I need the ADI-2 Pro SE for this?

With fitting cables ADI-2’s headphone outputs can serve as line outs, e.g. to drive active speakers.

There’s no loss of quality, and nothing will break.

3 (edited by stingscloud 2023-08-15 02:16:02)

KaiS wrote:
stingscloud wrote:

With fitting cables ADI-2’s headphone outputs can serve as line outs, e.g. to drive active speakers.

There’s no loss of quality, and nothing will break.

Thank you!

So this is then a separate DAC for 3 & 4?
How would this look in Reaper, is the ADI-2 Pro then an ASIO device with 4 outputs and 2 Inputs?

4 (edited by KaiS 2023-08-15 09:11:50)

On ADI-2 Pro 1/2 and 3/4 are completely separated audio paths with their own DSP and DAC.

In “Class Compliant Multi-channel mode” (see manual page 36ff, specially page 40) they appear as separate outputs in your PC.

Look at the block diagrams to select a basic “Mode” that fits to your demands.

Thanks!

With that setup in Class compliant multichannel mode, what amount of latency can I expect in reaper on a modern pc?

6 (edited by KaiS 2023-08-17 09:11:15)

stingscloud wrote:

With that setup in Class compliant multichannel mode, what amount of latency can I expect in reaper on a modern pc?

A short one like 5 ms or better RTD if the PC is configured optimal.